Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our Medical Sciences’ team as a Contract Specialist.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
The Contract Specialist position resides in a strategic and dynamic environment within the Diagnostics Medical Affairs department, working directly in the Medical Sciences team. The position requires advanced knowledge in all stages of contract execution, management, and experience working with clinical research studies. The role supports leading contractual deliverables for non-registration related clinical research and Health Economics and Outcomes Research studies. These clinical research studies do not include clinical trials. You will work closely with legal and compliance stakeholders and communicate and present information to partners about all contract-related matters. You will take the lead for all contract administrative matters and expertise on verbiage and requirements for assigned contracts. This position supports a remote work situation.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Support the Medical Affairs Medical Sciences team mission and initiatives, and drive transparency for all clinical research projects assigned.
- Professionally administer all non-registration related study contractual documents through all stages of the contract lifecycle, including preparation, execution, and completion.
- Contribute to setup or review of contract templates, guidelines, and process descriptions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally inclusive of a wide range of SMEs across the business as needed for timely and accurate responses to contractual questions and resolution to issues.
- Lead process team reviews and document process changes; apply structured problem-solving techniques to drive process solutions and improvements.
- Performs comprehensive review of non-registration related studies to determine contractual needs and follows through to execution.
- Regularly monitor reports and ensure timely completion and accuracy of data for various projects and contracts within assigned areas.
- Provide regular status updates to key stakeholders on the contract lifecycle, communicate bottlenecks and determine and implement pathways towards resolution.
- Collaborates with Administration to help facilitate payment from customers for disputed invoices and takes corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Work closely with legal to ensure contract enforceability through a review of contract language and interpret how to implement the contract
- Early involvement within the Medical Affairs Organization as part of contract process and provide expertise to ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Contribute to definition of quality standards, and the development of tools and processes to execute contract management strategies for the Medical Sciences team.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in a contracting role, drafting agreements, dispute resolution, or related experience.
- BS Degree in Business and Science preferred, or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated ability to apply problem-solving techniques, creativity, and critical thinking to drive continuous improvement
- Exhibits strong organizational and time management skills
- Drive to understand business products and offerings, strategies and business objectives is required.
- Ability to influence and align complex groups of stakeholders towards overall business objectives is required.
- Strong level of ownership and drive for meeting / exceeding expectations is required.
- Ability to drive adherence to protocols and business rules is required.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders is required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with team members to share information and problem-solve efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on attention to detail and sound judgment
- Proven ability to manage projects/tasks to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Adaptable to change and to work well within a team environment
- Proven ability to follow the process and obtain required documentation/materials to meet government/business/quality requirements and deadlines (i.e., ISO, FDA)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.