Siemens Mobility has been a leading supplier of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, automation, electrification solutions, turnkey systems, and related services. We have always been innovative in making traveling faster, safer, and more comfortable. Today, we need answers to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always one step ahead. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Our Rail Infrastructure group is adding to our team and seeking to hire a Lead Commodity Manager to drive the development and implementation of an effective mechanics procurement strategy. You will develop, implement and measure a Commodity Strategy for Mechanics that fully meets the supply chain needs of our Business (i.e., commodity strategies, supply base development, supplier management, price management, and predictive procurement).
What your day-to-day will look like:
. Develop a cost modeling tool to determine the actual component value of the assigned commodity(s). Establish a predictive procurement strategy based on commodity forecasts and other market intelligence reports.
· Analyze market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure supply and price competitiveness
· Maximize our purchase leverage for the best total cost of ownership. Aggressively negotiate the absolute best pricing, terms, and conditions. Develop the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure and the supply chain management team.
· Ensure the commodity supply base adheres to our standards of Corporate Social Responsibilities, including but not limited to Environmental, Ethical, and Regulatory requirements
· Define and execute Supplier Contracts based on appropriate inventory management strategies and supplier performance management
· Set annual goals and objectives that ensure commodities managed to meet and exceed supply chain metric targets
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Periodically "get down in the trenches" to support troubleshooting at manufacturing locations. Foster a "back to basics" mentality during these times. Lead by example; "Walk the talk."
· Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the organization to communicate "early warning signals" and ensure best practices are shared throughout the organization.
To thrive in this role, you have:
· 8+ years of Supply Chain Management/Commodity Management with a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or other relevant subject areas
· Contract management and negotiations (Purchase Agreement, Inventory management initiatives, etc.)
· Basic finance (understand and evaluate a Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow statement)
· Know the supply base management teams of the assigned commodity(s)
· Cost to manufacture commodity(s) assigned
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and customers (internal and external)
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Expertise in assigned commodities, including casting, machining, stamping, steel metal, housing, engineering services, distribution systems electronics, and fully competent in all aspects of Supply Chain Management.
· Ability to develop effective relationships with Business Management to ensure that Supply Chain Management is fully aligned with business priorities and new business opportunities.
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, ambitious, fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We are a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Test Engineer, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen! Create a better #TomorrowWithUs
This Career is based in Louisville, KY, or Pittsburgh, PA. We offer a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Louisville, KY or Pittsburgh, PA, is $93,225 - $155,375, and the annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.