Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical Senior Sales Executive to grow our Fire Service business in the New Orleans area in vertical markets such as Healthcare, Corporate Real Estate, Data Centers, K-12, Universities, Federal, and State facilities. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and negotiation skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, for direct end-user service market.
· NO CAP COMMISSION STRUCTURE: this will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
· Leverage the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Service & Product portfolios in expanding your customer base.
· Excellent benefits: starting from day one of employment, benefits include medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, and company vehicle program
· Quick ramp-up time: Siemens new “Ready To Sell” Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
The primary responsibility of the position is to establish contact with existing and prospective end-users and general contractors to estimate, propose and sell necessary deficiency repairs and MAC work on all fire protection systems. By scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies for fire and life safety services, promote and grow Siemens position as a top tier fire and life safety service provider in your market.
- Value Based Selling – Jointly work with the multiple levels of the customer’s organization to understand and document their business and facility goals, and how they measure success. Align the customers’ goals and objectives with Siemens services to ensure that their building systems perform as required to achieve their facility and business goals.
- Total Building – Promote the total building capabilities of Siemens Smart Infrastructure. Commercial building solutions and services include a total fire and life safety service portfolio, automation controls, energy management, security, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Convey Value – Leverage fire protection systems experience and code requirements to propose systems improvements that help customers minimize risk and control unexpected costs
- Promote Siemens – Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers and position service as a key Siemens differentiator to customers and prospects.
- Develop value-based sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to complete a compelling proposal and close the sale.
- Operations Handover – Follow through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensure a smooth ‘sales to operations’ turnover and monitor progress.
- Issue Resolution – Assist in resolving collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Prepare accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
- Customer Relationships – Build and maintain strong end-user customer relationships that position Siemens as their valued and trusted fire and life safety services provider
- Customer Community – Active involvement and participation in civic and professional and industry organizations such as NFPA, BOMA, ASHE, IAHSS, ASIS, SIA, NBFAA, AFAA, ESA, etc.
- Key success drivers – Involve managing the entire sales process including uncovering the opportunity, developing a service solution/value proposition, preparing the proposal, creating the contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service selling any upgrades and add-on opportunities.
- Participate in sales department meetings, workshops, training, and professional development seminars.
- Governance – Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures, and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance with regulatory laws and requirements. Act with a high level of integrity.
- The successful candidate must be a subject matter expert in the application, layout and operation of water-based fire protection systems with a working knowledge of fire alarm and other fire and life safety systems. The candidate must have the ability to identify and pursue system deficiencies, repairs and project opportunities with end-user customers.
- Experience – Minimum of five years of field technical and sales experience with fire sprinkler systems (wet-type, dry-type, pre-action) and fire alarm systems. Leverage fire protection systems experience and code requirements to propose system improvements that help customers minimize risk and control unexpected costs. Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local market are strongly desired. Experience with additional fire and life safety systems is a plus.
- Code Knowledge - Must possess a strong working knowledge of NFPA 25-Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems and NFPA 13-Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
- Skills – Ability to review inspection and testing documentation to address identified system deficiencies and potential issues effecting the performance fire alarm, sprinkler and other life safety systems.
- Site Surveys – Must be able to perform customer site surveys to support the development of multi-offering service estimates and proposals across a broad fire and life safety portfolio.
- Communication – Strong communications skills; listening, presenting, proposing and negotiating. Proficiency using MS Office tools (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook). Demonstrate proactive communication and follow-up.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED equivalency (State recognized) required, although candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field are preferred
- Travel – Must be willing and available to travel 5-10% overnight for training and business development
- Driver’s license – Must possess a valid, clean Driver's license and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle program.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.