Our Shipping and Receiving Clerk position requires basic warehousing skills. The preferred candidates would be responsible for all aspects of material handling. Placement will be on second shift. Candidates will be handling inbound, outbound materials, Picking, Packing/Auditing, Loading, Replenishment, Cycle Counting, and will also perform put-away and inventory tasks. Job is typically performed indoors, occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety equipment ( i.e. cut resistant gloves/sleeves, safety shoes, safety glasses and ear plugs etc..), being exposed to loud noises, operating forklift and light industrial machinery.
Education- High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience – 1-2 years of experience
- Basic computer skills and use of basic mechanical /measuring tools
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Ability to stand to perform job duties
- Ability to reach, grasp and lift up to xx lbs, push/pull and slide heavy material
- Ability to stoop, bend, squat, crawl and climb
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to learn all equipment operated in the facility, and follow established processes
-Preferred not required – forklift operator **On the job training will be provided for candidates who do not have forklift experience but at least a year of warehouse experience**
Main Job Duties
- Unloads material from incoming trailers and places in staging areas
- Breaks down pallets, sorts material by Stock Keeping Unit, counts, and separates
- Places material away in proper locations while maintaining high standards
- Stocks and maintains correct inventory levels
- Picks/Packs materials to prepare for assembly or shipment
- Palletizes materials, band/wrap, weigh, and load onto trailers
- Uses SAP to do receipts, transfers, and shipping transactions
- Discards scrap and/or defected materials that are not serviceable.
- Initiates scrap tickets to generate part replacement orders.
- Operates and maintains forklift and any other powered/manual material lifting/handling equipment for loading material onto, or unloading from trailers
- Performs other work as directed
- Ensures a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
To protect the health and safety of our workers, Siemens has adopted standard EHS guidelines ( based on CDC guidelines). The established guidelines include a fit for duty process (daily temperature screening) and the wearing of masks (provided) while inside the facility if they are fully vaccinated.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.