Sykatec GmbH has about 600 employees in two production facilities and is one of the leading companies in innovative metal manufacturing for industry and the railway sector. We are producing single parts and prototypes as a onetime order or setting up a serial production in a very strong systematic relationship.
The portfolio of our products includes form cables for small machines or big engines and converters; punched, laser cut and bended metal sheets out of copper, aluminum or steel; complete welded assemblies with a length of up to 5m; coated surfaces of singles parts and also the welded assemblies.
Sykatec is a supplier of sophisticated welded containers with very high-quality requirements. The unique selling point of the company is the manufacturing of light weight containers with sheet metal thicknesses of 1 mm to 3 mm without reworking them by a milling machine at the end.
We are looking for a Transport & Customs responsible to plan and coordinate our daily product shipments (inbound and outbound).
To succeed in this role, you should have knowledge of supply chain and understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles.
You should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations. Also a very good knowledge of Customs regulations for import/export is required.
Ultimately, you will ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
- Plan and supervise the shipments from production to the end-user
- Plan and supervise shipments from suppliers to plant
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Truck filling calculation
- Assure all customs regulations are respected and all documents are properly handled in order to have a smooth import/export operation
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed
- Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Responsible or similar role
- Solid knowledge of customs regulations
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with logistics processes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good command of the English language
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SIMEA SIBIU S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time