Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Sr. Digital Deployment Specialist is responsible for quality control and the overall accuracy and completeness of all required digital project deliverables (Digital Deployment Package), and deployment of assigned projects that are managed through the Global or National Operations Center. As a Sr. DDS, you will verify all deliverables (engineering, programming, and graphics) are correct, assemble the complete customer solution off-site, and ensure Digital Deployment Package is complete. You will also ensure all customer and Siemens’ standards are adhered to before the package is turned over to the field execution team and ensure document completeness, as well as perform remote support for panel and controller level equipment.
This remote position can be located anywhere within the Northeast Zone. (NY, NJ, PA, MA, ME, RI, CT, NH)
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gathers all documents required for a fully functioning system, including product licensing, panel firmware, customer and/or national standards, panel, and controller level databases
- Provides all required technical files for third-party system integrations
- Provides required testing protocol for all system components
- Can assist with controller setup prior to deployment including product licenses, firmware updates, panel programming, graphics, setting IP addresses and jumpers on all hardware and properly applying labels to all control panels.
- Tests hardware loaded with job specific software to ensure all programming, including all I/O, alarm messaging, trending, etc. are functioning as expected
- Performs Quality Assurance on the deployment package and turns over solution to field technical resources
- Ensures that end-user standards and requirements are adhered to and that all project deliverables are accounted for and reflect customer, Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), and national standards
- Updates cloud-based project site with testing results and technical documents including backups of all relevant documents
- Receives and tracks work performed in the operations centers via workflow management software as required
- Provides remote support for local field technicians if issues are found with digital deployment package (DDP) panel and controller level software (when remote connectivity is available)
- Acts as a technical resource to all engineering and field resources
- Manages customer-specific site database in proprietary software; creates and distributes applicable portions of programming for field execution staff
- When needed perform factory witness testing
- Associate degree in Electronics, Computer Science or other related technical field preferred, however, a minimum of a HS Diploma or state-recognized GED is required
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the specialized area of Building Automation
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, construction methods, Internet of Things and API integrations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook software programs
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer-based support or sponsorship now or in the future
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Keywords: Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.