Siemens Smart Infrastructures relies on the combination of smart grids and smart buildings, reconciling physical solutions and digitalization in all areas of electrification and automation. Ingeniously connects energy systems, buildings and industries to improve the way we live and work through greater efficiency and sustainability.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland with around 7,400 colleagues responsible for the solutions and services business, making Siemens SI the market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further!
We are looking for a Junior Java developer to join our eMobility R&D team!
- Maintain and develop a JAVA based tool for the End Of Line Process and debug of several products/embedded systems.
- Maintain and develop a JAVA based tool for the service team.
- Communicate with hardware design, software development and Factory End Of Line Team.
- Integrate a sub-system/Embedded System with High-Level Software.
- Help improve the current products.
What we are looking for:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or similar.
- Programming experience in JAVA Programming.
- Familiarity with IDEs like Netbeans.
- Basic knowledge on high level programming languages like Python.
- Basic knowledge on low level programming languages like C.
- Basic knowledge on electronic circuits.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Possibility to travel abroad.
What makes us proud as an employer:
- The Biggest of Tech Portugal – Technological Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão magazines)
- Best Companies to Work For in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
- Healthy Workplaces Award – 3rd Grand Company (Awarded by the Order of Portuguese Psychologists)
- Company with the greatest ESG responsibility in the Technological/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
- 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, the largest platform in the Portuguese technological community)
We are excited to have:
- A hybrid work model with a flexible working hours policy to promote work-life balance (applied to roles that allow it.)
- A budget to set up a home office, health insurance and a financial support program for your studies.
- There is also a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days of volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
- To all these benefits we add the possibility of working in a fresh, relaxed and always motivated environment.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is pleased to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage submissions from a diverse pool of talent!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time