Security Solutions Developer - National Operations Center (NOC) - Remote (US)What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position creates unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements for commercial building fire alarm systems in new and existing facilities. The right candidate will make recommendations for productivity improvements and cost reductions to increase customer satisfaction and job profitability.
Join our team! Recognized as one of the world's largest and best-known companies in 2022 by:
- Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
- Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
- Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
The primary function of the Solutions Developer-Security is to collaborate with the solutions and service sales executives to build and implement a successful bid strategy for large negotiated projects (ROM of $150K+)or other sophisticated projects. Goal is to develop a winning solution for Siemens that better serves the customer! Also will work with Smart Building / Desigo integration projects Sophisticated integrations (HR, elevator, point of sale, gunshot detection), networking projects.
We are looking to grow our team and build winning customer partnerships! Are you up for this challenge?Responsibilities:
- Interpret customer requirements as communicated in drawings, specifications, and customer meetings. Challenge customer’s approach and recommend a better value engineered project approach and a differentiated technical solution in collaboration with Sales. Also will provide risk elimination for Siemens using effective customer communication. Participate in technical solution presentation to customers. Provide bid phase technical expertise transparent to the customer. Participate in customer site visits for job walks, interviews, or meetings (in-person or remotely)
- Focus on design (not estimation), and investigate, price, and appropriately scope viable product substitutions to meet performance specifications. Also, will calculate, understand, and communicate product, installation, and commissioning risk factors before and during cost reviews. Leverage centralized estimating resources while simplifying portions of scope that require special definition. Develop sequence of operations. Influence product selection (including 3rd party products)
- Understand organization of master format specification and identify 3rd party integration requirements Comply with customer and code requirements.
- Coordinate the estimating effort of centralized Estimators and develop a scope of work and executive summary for use by the estimator. Align with local operations team during cost review and technical handover meetings. Assist sales executives in communication with customers and/or estimators
- Develop pre-construction services proposals. Differentiate Siemens from the competition with innovative proposals. Participate in proposal evaluation meetings
- Large project bid management and bid day team as vital to build appropriate solution
- A Minimum of 5 years of Security systems successful experience and with proven competencies in Access Control, Video Surveillance, and Intrusion systems and devices; 7 years preferred
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or the Electrical field preferred
- Proven ability to design a Networked Security System
- Proven ability to design Security System Integration into other Building Systems (e.g., Fire, Automation, HR Data Systems)
- Preferred experience using an Estimating/Quoting system
- Proven knowledge of building codes and regulations and Knowledge of building construction process
- Fluent in English language
- Solid Grasp of Microsoft Office
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
security system design access control cctv biometric biometrics autocad visio drafting intrusion detection closed circuit camera estimating solutions development developer
#RSS #LI-ME1 #LI-Remote #NOC-Security #NOC-Sales
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.