Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Quebec Building Automation team. Working under the Director of Operations, you will plan, organize, manage and delegate all project-related work according to the pre-established specifications and procedures. This includes :
- The project manager will take care of construction projects, with general contractors.
- Ensure that projects are completed according to contractual requirements;
- Participate in sales and operations meetings to fully understand the scope of the project and the client’s needs;
- Read and analyze contracts, bids, plans and specifications, along with all other documents involved to establish the project’s scope and requirements;
- Ensure that all work complies with safety and quality standards specified by the legislation, the company and the client;
- Ensure proper project planning and execution in terms of quality, scope, scheduling and costs;
- Ensure synchronization and monitoring with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Regularly review customer needs and/or requests to plan/optimize activities.
- Interact with managers from various departments, along with engineers, customers and subcontractors;
- Manage project-related costs based on the established objectives;
- Document and complete reports intended for internal managers (project status, financial status, etc.).
- Close collaboration with sales, participation in service contract renewal.
- Collaborate closely with the dispatcher and the service supervisor and plan labor and material needs.
What will you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate or college degree in mechanics, electronics or related field;
- Experience in project management in a technical field;
- Knowledge of building automation industry processes and procedures, very important
- Understanding of all project-related financial aspects and the ability to apply this understanding to cost-control principles when managing projects;
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with various stakeholders;
- Autonomy and organizational skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills and initiative;
- Team spirit;
- Able to demonstrate interpersonal skills and high levels of maturity;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of MS Office tools;
- Experience in a building mechanics field an asset;
- Experience in consulting an asset.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.