Job Title – Engineer - IT Infrastructure
Location: Gurugram, India
Department: Siemens Logistics India Pvt. Ltd.
Position: Full- time
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Engineer IT – Infrastructure, is technically responsible to support the design, sizing, prototyping, development, implementation and testing of Servers, Storage, Server & Client Windows Operating System, Active Networking, Passive Networking and peripheral equipment, as well as acting as the project member of IT Infrastructure department. He / She will be interacting with Customer, vendor, System integrator and other stakeholders involved and will also work closely with the team. This position is mainly focus on Hardware infrastructure and also to travel Customer sites.
Your new role – challenging and future-
- As a technical team member, you will play a role in design, sizing, prototyping, development, implementation and testing of Servers, Storage, Server & Client Windows Operating System, Active Networking, Passive Networking and peripheral equipment
- Involvement in Selection of Server hardware, Network hardware, Peripherals hardware, Software platform, tools, suites, including Sizing and optimizing
- Involvement in implementation of Data center including Servers, Network equipment, LAN and implementation of Applications over virtualized platform, virtualized storage
- Technical Procurement
- High performance team member and delivering quality projects, products.
- Liaison between requirement gathering team, application team and operations (for operational handover)
- You will combine your technical vision with business judgement in making decisions to build systems that scale for the future.
- You will be executing in a fast-paced environment, driving for results and continuous improvements in Enterprise Outplacement.
- Primary point of contact for assigned works, report on scope, schedule, deliverables
- Build and maintain high team morale.
- Confers with project management, engineering and development personnel to provide technical advice, develop alternatives and resolve problems.
- Experience in implementation of infrastructure / data center containing Servers, Windows Server & Client Operating System, Networks and peripheral equipment.
- Must be strong in Server – Client application architecture.
- Knowledge base in Switching, Routing protocols
- Experience in implementing applications over vmWare, vSAN is an added advantage
- Strong knowledge in Multiple layers of Network nodes
- Experience in technology base Web server, portals, interfaces with Host systems
- Proven working experience in project, modules, retrofits, Automation domain.
- Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience in Hardware lifecycle and its maintenance
- The position is a client facing role, Associate must be able to communicate clearly with customer and with the team.
- Oral and written
communications skills must be excellent, in English
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Bachelors / Master Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science Engineering or similar degree, with 2 to 7 years of experience
· Ability to travel internationally and/or domestically
· Fluency in English
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about Siemens Logistics at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens at:
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics India Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time