Siemens Smart Infrastructures relies on the combination of smart grids and smart buildings, reconciling physical solutions and digitalization in all areas of electrification and automation. Ingeniously connects energy systems, buildings and industries to improve the way we live and work through greater efficiency and sustainability.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland with around 7,400 colleagues responsible for the solutions and services business, making Siemens SI the market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further!
You will be responsible for:
· Develop material handling concepts, their storage, picking processes, and improve all intra-logistics operations, to obtain efficiency and reliability of materials available to various production lines/workstations.
· Lead automated processes and solutions as an expert, as well as develop and improve handling and storage solutions supporting the digital transformation in various production lines.
· Define, guide and support intra-logistics projects as well as their continuous improvement.
· Continuous market assessment, validating intra-logistics innovations that can be applied in our unit to improve efficiency.
The person responsible for intra-logistics processes will be the competent partner for all intra-logistics issues at our manufacturing unit and must have:
- Higher education in Logistics or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in defining and implementing logistics processes, preferably in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Experience of at least 5 years in planning and establishing intra-logistic processes, ensuring the availability of material in production stations and assembly lines.
- Strong technical/logistics background in the dimensioning and evaluation of intra-logistics solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex tasks.
- Able to take initiative and make own decisions.
- Open-minded and communicative personality.
- Good understanding of related IT systems.
- Team orientation and teamwork.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
What makes us proud as an employer:
· The Biggest of Tech Portugal – Technological Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão magazines)
· Best Companies to Work For in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
· Healthy Workplaces Award – 3rd Grand Company (Awarded by the Order of Portuguese Psychologists)
· Company with the greatest ESG responsibility in the Technological/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
· 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, the largest platform in the Portuguese technological community)
We are excited to have:
· A hybrid work model with a flexible working hours policy to promote work-life balance (applied to roles that allow it.)
· A budget to set up a home office, health insurance and a financial support program for your studies.
· There is also a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days of volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
· To all these benefits we add the possibility of working in a fresh, relaxed and always motivated environment.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is pleased to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage submissions from a diverse pool of talent!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time