Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer Romania
Siemens Healthineers is looking for a mid-level Lawyer and Compliance Officer to support its business in Romania reporting to the Head of Legal and to the Head of Compliance for the Zone Central Eastern Europe & Central Asia (CEECA). The position is responsible for the support, control, and management of all legal and compliance aspects of the company and its business and for ensuring the implementation and continuous improvement of the Siemens Healthineers Compliance system in Romania and other countries.
- You will be responsible to manage all legal and compliance topics and risks of the business of Siemens Healthineers in Romania. Your tasks include
- Acting as trusted advisor of the local management and staff for any legal and compliance question
- Providing advice and support in connection with public tenders and public procurement proceedings
- Following-up on corporate and company law matters, including the preparation of notices, board meetings, filings, etc.
- Drafting, commenting, and negotiating various types of contracts and general terms and conditions
- Providing advice on regulatory topics, as well as data privacy
- Ensure and improve implementation of the Siemens Healthineers Compliance System in your respective area of responsibility
- Proactively creating awareness for, anticipating and mitigating compliance risks
- Supporting compliance investigations and audits
- Conducting internal and external trainings on important legal and compliance matters, developments, and court decisions
- Supporting special tasks or projects assigned by the responsible Head of Compliance for the CEECA zone, e.g., supporting in other EMEA countries
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of Romanian legal developments and keeping the management and the Legal and Compliance organization informed
- Effective engagement and management of external counsel where required
- Communicating effectively with customers and public authorities
- Supporting the Legal and Compliance management in Austria and Germany in their strategic and operational tasks relating to Romania
- Ensuring continuous knowledge exchange with Legal and Compliance colleagues in the EMEA Region and the headquarter
Qualifications and competence
- Law degree and preferably admission as an attorney-at-law in Romania with at least 3 years work experience in a similar position in an international environment (preferably in an international company)
- Excellent legal knowledge and experience with public procurement law, contract law and corporate law
- Proficient Romanian and English language skills; preferably Russian language skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills, ability to be a trusted partner of the management
- Highly developed negotiation skills and diplomacy
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively in an international working environment (locally and with headquarters in Austria and Germany)
- Aptitude for presenting and teaching
- Excellent business acumen
- Independent, entrepreneurial working style
- Experience in cooperation in a project team and disciplinary or functional management
- Ability to handle multiple matters simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Readiness to travel within Romania or other countries for trainings and special assignments
Make your mark in our exciting world as Siemens !
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond efficient to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time