Knowledge for the world of tomorrow. Flexible Location/Hybrid Role
Siemens Large Drive Applications (LDA) is the global market leader for drive systems with a future-proof drive technology portfolio, automation technology, digitization solutions and services. The spectrum spans the entire life cycle of drive systems: from design and engineering to modernization.
In Information Technology we take care on digitalization of LDA’s processes. Before we write even a single line of code or customize the standard software product, we have to understand what drives our business. Only then we implement things on the technical side – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. We enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories and to prioritize our own work. For us, knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. We feed our ideas into many sectors of the economy, thus crafting the basis for innovative technical solutions. Join our team, and we will offer the vital support to give you responsibility and enable you to have an international career.
What part will you play?
- You will lead the international IT teams and managers, which are supporting our production sites in United States and Brazil. In addition to this you will be fully responsible for IT in our site in New Kensington, PA together with the local IT team
- You will drive the rollout activities and projects of LDA’s global business applications in the resp. factories, coordinating the activities with global IT functional support teams and external partners
- You are fully responsible for the factory’s implementation projects, including the coordination activities for the rollouts, as well as for the budget and timelines
- You will be the driver for the digitalization activities in the shopfloor areas in the resp. sites, you are involved and actively driving the cross-factory collaboration, knowledge and experience exchange
- Together with the functional IT teams in our organization you will be responsible for ensuring that the factory’s requirements will be implemented in the global applications. To this end, you will act as a demand and project manager for development, maintenance and roll-out of functionalities and interfaces together with your team and external partners
- You control and advise the development of an applications' architecture for the resp production sites based on new technologies and trends, you coordinate the sophisticated roadmap of different projects in this area
- You advise, consult and support factory departments and management in the best utilization of the systems
What you need to make real what matters.
- 10 years of experience in Manufacturing/Factory Digitalizion Roles
- Supervisor experience is highly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- You successfully completed your degree in Computer science, mechanical- or electrical engineering or comparable education.
- You have multi-year experience in implementing and operating of different applications based on modern IT technologies, experience with SAP ERP products as well as engineering / CAD and digitalization in the manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Additionally you already gained some years of experience successfully working as project manager and as a team leader of a software development and operation team.
- You are used to working with offshore resources and outsourcing partners.
- You have sophisticated knowledge in modern SW development approaches, innovative interface and cloud technologies.
- You have profound understanding of IT environment in the production area.
You are characterized by your communication techniques. You are used to working in international teams and convince us with your intercultural openness
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We apply lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.