We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Manager to be responsible for the management of all depot services in support of production and delivery of the Class 185 fleet operating out of our Manchester Depot. You play a key role in supporting the maintenance for all depot equipment and buildings, including; tracks, signals, trainwashes, lifting and access equipment and a wheel lathe at Manchester and a number of outstations across the region.
Reporting to the Fleet Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for the maintenance of site infrastructure, plant and equipment to enable the safe and cost-effective delivery of train maintenance and staff facilities to pre-agreed budgets. You will lead all aspects of the upkeep of plant and equipment and manage the implementation of improvement projects to maintain operation, minimise costs and ensure compliance with applicable laws and standards. You will ensure plant and infrastructure maintenance is carried out at prescribed intervals, in accordance with legislative standards and that plant is available to meet business requirements. You will also have budgetary responsibility for Infrastructure and plant maintenance activities. You’ll be based from our Manchester Depot with some occasional travel to other sites within the TransPennine region.
What are your responsibilities?
- Plan and manage the execution of planned and reactive maintenance, overhaul and renewal of infrastructure to support fleet obligations and retain asset value
- Ensure that all maintenance of infrastructure assets, including statutory inspections and the maintenance of non-corporate train maintenance and infrastructure management IT hardware and software, is planned and recorded in the Company’s infrastructure maintenance management system
- Investigate incidents related to plant and infrastructure and produce appropriate technical reports
- In collaboration with the train operator and/or appropriate facility leaseholders, ensure that access equipment and relevant facilities are available to support Siemens needs at outstations
- Manage certification, calibration and maintenance of equipment related to plant and infrastructure
- Ensure that Siemens operate the depots in accordance with UK legislation (e.g. H&S at Work acts, LOLER), the local authority planning conditions, consents, and environmental obligations
- Maintain a cost forecast for all infrastructure maintenance for the duration of the site commercial obligations, particularly identifying any necessary equipment overhaul or obsolescence renewal needed to ensure continuing functionality or asset value
- Make proposals for whole life cost optimization
- Identify appropriate subcontractor tasks, initiate contracting and manage their execution using the company procurement process, including participation in regular cross site reviews for major subcontractors
- Responsible for managing plant and infrastructure maintenance suppliers on a day to day basis, co-coordinating their activities and ensuring that risk assessments and method statements are provided for all work carried out and are appropriately approved by Siemens Rolling Stock
- Develop good relationships with customers by ensuring consistent delivery of targets and issues are dealt with promptly; understand customer requirements to ensure plans are kept up to date
- Manage day to day operations in line with agreed critical metrics; ensure budget objectives are met and identify criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
- Understand, implement and follow the Siemens Rolling Stock Health & Safety policies; identify and make available the instructions for the safe and effective use of all plant and equipment and advise the Fleet Delivery Manager on appropriate operator training and competency standards requirements
What skills and experience do you need to apply?
- A solid technical knowledge of rolling stock and or facility technical issues
- High level knowledge of the relevant industry legislation
- An ONC Engineering Qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Working experience and knowledge of IT systems
- An excellent call round communicator with people management experience
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and good understanding of Health, Safety and environment legislation / procedures
- Someone with contract and / or commercial knowledge (preferred)
- Professional qualification in an aspect of facilities management or working towards this (preferred)
- Experience of project management (preferred)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time