Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation of people and goods by rail – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
The candidate will be responsible for commissioning, troubleshooting, and repairing the next generation of light rail vehicles in Seattle, WA . The technician will need to be familiar with electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems as well as computer networking skills.
• Perform, with use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components
• Diagnose electrical malfunctions in light rail propulsion control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
• Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
• Communicate with others, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
• Assist other employees as needed.
• Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
• Use PTU’s (laptops) to troubleshoot various systems onboard the Light Rail vehicles.
VR or DMV check needs to be run to ensure that worker has a valid driver's license. Must be proficient in electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic troubleshooting. 1-5 years' experience working with industrial electrical, and mechanical components is a requirement.
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.