Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers is a place for people who dedicate their energy and passion to this greater cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment where you have the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come in and join our team as IT Major Incident Management. You will primarily manage major and severe business impacting technology incidents, predominantly involving large scale infrastructure issues, by coordinating real-time service restoration and actively managing risk. This position is based out of Spain, and you will have colleagues in regions such as Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- This Major Incident Manager position is a global position.
- This position requires the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions independently through direct interaction with service owners, service desk, and service partners in a high-pressure environment.
- A successful candidate will lead day-to-day operational responsibilities by providing structure and efficiency in the Major Incident process for the first shift in their respective region.
- This position plays a mission critical role in Service Operations: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Major Events Planning.
- You will provide by providing command, control and communication for Healthineers IT Operations while driving adoption of best practices through our focus on stability and improving operational transparency across the technology organization.
Task and responsibilities:
- The role is an opportunity to primarily manage major and severe business impacting technology incidents, predominantly involving significant infrastructure performance issues, by coordinating real-time service restoration, actively managing risk, and ensuring precise and targeted communications are distributed in a timely way.
- A Major Incident Manager is expected to act as a catalyst to accelerate an incident response striving to reduce the duration and severity of business impact.
- You are in the unique position to interact with people and teams globally, across all levels of Healthineers, and influence decisions that have a direct impact on operational stability.
- You would partner with the rest of the Operations Management team to manage technical remediation calls and the assessment of impact to the business, ensuring that all participating teams are focused on impact remediation and providing timely incident communications to relevant stakeholders. The position requires working under high pressure situations, organizational and situational awareness, sound judgement and a strong analytical ability.
- The role will also involve advising and consulting on processes related to Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management, as well as the delivery of the other ITSM services. This role will require deep experience in ITIL Service Operations processes and documented experience in highly complex global organizations with significant outsourcing. The daily activities will include, but not limited to, managing major incidents, ensuring problem management activities are underway and follow up with the necessary stakeholders to review root cause analysis and drive change that will bring additional operational stability to the Siemens Healthineers.
Outside of the role there are opportunities for educational, training and communication programs in technology, building relationships across IT, and numerous opportunities to exemplify the Healthineers Purpose and Values.
· Leadership skills:
o Excellent communicator with the ability to create high quality verbal and written summaries that are comprehensive, accurate and focused on business partner understanding and impact.
o Highly motivated team player with a successful track record of working collaboratively in a matrix organization.
o Ability to lead with integrity and remain calm during stressful situations while managing multiple demands and changing priorities
· Crisis management skills:
o Prior IT Major Incident Management experience required (within the Healthcare sector preferred)
o Ability to rapidly absorb and understand complex technical situations under pressure
o Ability to facilitate conversations with large groups of remote people
o Ability to translate technical incidents into business terms
o Enthusiasm to learn new technologies, make new contacts and influence the way IT operates
o Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Technical skills:
o Troubleshooting skills within a support environment including a strong sense of commitment and drive towards incident resolution
o Understanding and experience of IT technologies-Network, Voice, Data Center, Cloud, End User Computing. Application Mgmt practices.
· ITIL V3/V4 certification
· Project management certification desired but not required
· Ability to build strong relationships and trust with users.
· Ability to think critically and understand the dependencies in connected systems.
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
· Provide detailed technical designs for new technology deployments and monitoring concepts
· Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the users while meeting deadlines.
· Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills.
· Passion for solving operational and business problems.
· Experience and training in root cause analysis.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Location: Portugal (close to the offices in Oporto or in Lisbon)
Being part of our team:
Our global team: Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 55,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Curious about our culture? Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: SIEMENS HEALTHCARE, UNIPESSOAL, LDA
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time