Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. Our Engineering Specialists provide expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle on customer sites. As an Engineering Specialist, you will estimate, track, start-up, and commission projects, and will be the customer interface for all technical requirements.
- Attend pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope analyze plans, specifications, and contract details to determine system requirements; select products and determine appropriate placement to meet specifications
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects
- Track resources and project progress
- Oversee the creation of system graphics; troubleshoot issues, including identifying and debugging software, and diagnosing electrical or pneumatic installation problems
- Organize and maintain job documentation
- Provide on-site assistance with or perform programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning, and validation processes; participate in job site final walk-through, complete all job closeout documentation, and provide customer training
- Act as a technical resource to customers and field employees
- Coordinate work with subcontractors
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and/or servicing electronic control and HVAC equipment; 3+ years preferred
- Knowledge of HVAC, mechanical systems, business operations, and job financial reports
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for employer-based sponsorship currently or in the future
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
This position may support a Siemens customer who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Keywords: Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.