Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Staff Systems Engineer to develop the next generation of molecular imaging devices http://healthcare.siemens.com/molecular-imaging. This position is located at Hoffman Estates, IL and relocation support will be provided for out of state candidates.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- You will maintain ultimate ownership for the realization of new system functionality over the course of a development project
- You will elicit high quality system requirements from clinical, service, manufacturing, marketing, and other users/stakeholders
- You will elaborate and decompose user and system level requirements into detailed and complete specifications
- You will identify, quantify, and drive the mitigation of technical risks to our projects and products
- You will champion both the extrinsic quality (proven by functional verification) and the intrinsic quality (proven by clinical validation) of our products
- You will productize cutting-edge technologies to deliver breakthrough medical care to our customers and patients
· You will ensure seamless integration of complex hardware and software subsystems that are designed and manufactured at multiple locations across the globe
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers
- You have comprehensive knowledge of system design principles
- You have hands-on experience with the integration of complex software and hardware systems
- You can demonstrate the ability to manage change in rapidly evolving situations
- You have skills needed to bridge gaps between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have experience with developing and executing system level verification tests
- You have experience with performing safety risk analyses
- You have an advanced technical or business degree
- You have a solid understanding of medical physics as it relates to system performance
- You have experience with 510K medical devices or other highly regulated environments
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Extensive (5+ years) experience with product analysis and requirements engineering
- Strong background in hardware and software design
- Deep understanding of clinical diagnostic imaging use cases and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of direct engineering experience with complex products
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of international audiences (USA, Germany, China & India) including the clinical community, product management and other engineers
- Positive attitude team player with ability to also work autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Domestic and international travel required periodically (< 5%)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers USA before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.