Siemens Mobility Limited have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Test and Commissioning (T&C) Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS Telecoms business. In order to properly support our projects and the associated T&C teams, this role should be based out of either York or Chippenham.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems to move people and goods efficiently - complete Mobility!
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Telecoms Test and Commissioning Manager, the Principal T&C Engineer undertakes activities to deliver the test and commissioning engineering aspects of Fixed Telecoms assigned regional projects within agreed timescales and budgeted costs and are responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Manage delivery of all CIS Fixed Telecoms test related activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements within an assigned regional project area portfolio.
- Supervise Fixed Telecoms T&C engineering activities to deliver system development and implementation, including sub-contractors and test equipment
- Undertake the role of Lead Tester In Charge (L-TIC) for Testing on CIS Fixed Telecoms Projects.
- Regularly reporting assigned regional T&C task progress and status to the Test Manager.
- Production and implementation of their assigned regional test and commissioning documentation deliverables to meet CIS Fixed Telecoms project Test Strategy requirements.
- Support estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to T&C engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Witness testing where necessary, review and sign off test results to confirm successful testing completion.
- Ensure that persons working under their supervision are briefed on their duties and competent to carry out tasks assigned to them and that they accept personal responsibility for work done under the authority delegated to them
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and work instructions are applied throughout the T&C engineering life cycle.
- Ensure Fixed Telecoms T&C tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens CIS Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Ensure Fixed Telecoms T&C tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements including main line rail, light rail and mass transit environment.
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and encouraging and assisting persons working under their supervision.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in relevant subject area.
- IRSE License in relevant category (Telecoms Systems Tester)
- Proven experience in a Telecoms TIC role for Safety Related Telecoms and Operational Telecoms projects.
- Supervision and delivery of T&C tasks for implementation projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
- Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering testing and commissioning,
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail sector
- System and detailed knowledge of a substantial proportion of the following:
- IP Networking
- Copper Cable
- Optical Fibre Cable
- Lineside Cable Route
- Transmission SDH and PDH
- Immunisation Systems
- Signal Post Telephone Concentrator Systems
- PABX Telephony systems
- Voice Over IP
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Charger and Battery Power Supplies
- Rail Signalling System Circuits
- Earthing Systems
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business as well as with external stakeholders
- Strong leadership qualities including personal drive, initiative, enthusiasm and support for company goals.
- Proven experience of leading and of managing testing teams
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to forecast change and manage test resource utilisation and cost
- Willingness to be flexibility, this role requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night, weekend and bank holiday working.
- Full Driving license.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time