Siemens Smart Infrastructure Energy and Automation are recruiting a Design Engineer with experience in the Electrical Distribution Industry to join our existing friendly and diverse engineering community.
This role will be based in Manchester initially for the training period, then the location can be flexible, however, the successful candidate will be expected to travel to visit customers, conduct factory acceptance testing in North West England as well as attend meetings at our head office in Manchester.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the technical delivery of a range of distribution products and systems, design, build, and test.
- Review technical specifications.
- Design Single Line/Key Line/Schematic Protection Diagrams.
- Protection Relay Selection.
- Work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Develop and foster relationships with our customers and their technical representatives.
What skills and experience you will bring to the role:
- Experience working in the medium voltage switchgear industry (3.3kV – 33kV)
- HNC/HND (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline supported by experience in an operational or technical engineering role.
- Good working knowledge of a variety of manufacturer's protection relays, and products.
- E-House builds/Relay Programming/Comms knowledge will be desirable but not essential.
- Be organised, practical and a have high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Time management skills.
- A full driver's license.
- A good knowledge of IT skills. AutoCAD advantageous.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, 26 days holiday allowance, pension, and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time