Experience@Siemens is an exciting opportunity for new Graduates from college or university to transition from academic to the workplace. Siemens Canada will provide you with practical and meaningful work experience as you start your career journey and help you build business skills.
We are passionate about innovations that mean real progress. We are excited about technologies that still need to be developed. What about you? Do you want to use your curiosity, passion, and creativity to make the lives of millions of people easier and better? Join us as a recent graduate –by beginning your early career through Experience@Siemens New Graduate Program. Whichever path you take, we’re looking forward to seeing your perspective.
Recent graduates enrolled in this program will be partnered with a mentor and receive one on one coaching and guidance in support of their development and to help navigate their early career. In addition, this program will help students establish contacts and widen their network to excel in their career journey. Experience@Siemens offers experiential learning and flexibility, allowing you to balance your personal life and career goals.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023, Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022 and Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022.
This is a 6 month contract opportunity.
What will you do?
- Gain valuable experience by working closely with the CEO and executive team at the Oakville Head Office
- Assist with CEO executive tasks including preparation of presentations, developing reports, conducting secondary research on markets, trend analysis, helping define KPI’s and assist with C-level administrative tasks
- Organize and participate in highly visible cross business projects, alongside other project team members based on business requirements
- Work on cross business project team to create a centralized structure to organize internal and external company awards that encompasses a library of historical applications.
- Coordinate award application process, manage deliverables and partner with relevant cross business teams.
- Support with additional ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
What will you need to succeed?
- New graduate with a degree in Business, Humanities, Social Science or related discipline.
- Graduated from post-secondary within the last 12 months.
- Above average study performance (Accumulative average > 2.5 (B-)). Transcripts to be provided upon request.
- Demonstrated leadership or initiative at school, work and/or community (extra curricular activities)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated experience in project management/coordination is an asset
- Strong character judgement, intuition, organization, and time management abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to details
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment and is highly flexible
- Must be able to work independently and in a confidential and ethical manner
- Ability to adapt to change, take initiative, be resourceful and dependable
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.