With more than 6,000 employees at Siemens Mexico, it is considered one of the leading countries in Siemens due to its growth potential.
Siemens Mexico is also responsible for business development in five other countries in Mesoamerica: Guatemala, Costa Rica, Panama, the Dominican Republic and El Salvador, and has a privileged geographical position between North America and South America.
With the goal of becoming a key partner for Mexico's technological progress, Siemens works to maximize the potential of the country infrastructure, and is in a position to guarantee a reliable energy supply in Mexico. New, highly efficient power plants are being built, while the necessary modernization measures are being taken to update the older plants.
The Commissioning Engineer of Comunications will be involved in the configuration, factory and site tests of communication systems for electrical substations such as Powerline Carrier, SDH/PDH Multiplexers, L2/L3 Networks and MPLS systems. As a member of one of our field teams that work at electrical substations across the Mexico.
You will work directly with our leading staff of engineers developing skills that include:
• Commissioning and Configuration of communication devices in the assigned project.
• Project management.
• Siemens business systems and values.
• Support performing specialized testing during all commissioning phases of project, Factory and Site.
• Analyzing equipment operation
• Participants are full-time employees.
What will you need to succeed?
• Communication Engineering diploma
• Strong electronics and computer background needed.
• General experience in communicaction systems such as multiplexers, radio, products.
• Experience in PDH/SDH, MPLS, Powerline carrier, Switching & Routing Technologies.
• Knowledge of L2/L3 protocols and standards (RSTP, PRP, HRP, VLAN, Firewall).
• Knowledge in Layer 2 layer 3 Networks with Cisco equipment
• Able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
• Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way.
• Self-starter with strong commitment in task assigned.
• Able to interface with customers in a positive and professional manner.
• Advanced level of English
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Servicios S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time