We are Siemens Mobility Customer Service, a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product, system, and digital solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported safely and comfortably while meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are innovative and enable efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We seek to fill a Technical Trainer position in the Rail Asset Management & Performance Center team on the East Coast or Mid-Atlantic area of the US.
You will facilitate training for our internal Field Services Team and external customers on the systems/subsystems of Electric, Diesel-Electric locomotives and coaches. This person would train technical maintainers and other support staff through various methods:
- Classroom Training
- Virtual Instructor lead Training
- Hands-on vehicle training
- Written support Documentation
- Identify customer needs and evaluate training programs and materials that are internal and from external vendors.
- Understand training development processes such as needs analysis, Gap analysis, and Instructional Design.
- The participants will be mechanically inclined and deliver both theory-based and hands-on training working with the vehicles.
- Review feedback and modify/revise course materials.
- Technical training will be based on vehicles that we have manufactured, which means we have a library of technical support materials that include:
- PowerPoint guides.
- Technical Publications for each vehicle (Running maintenance manuals, Parts Catalogs, etc.)
- Domain Experts include other trainers, Engineers, and guides for ongoing support.
Ideally, you have worked to maintain or have trained others on a transportation fleet. (Airplanes, railroads, large trucks, machinery, etc.). Having a dynamic personality is essential to connect with participants. You will represent our Customer Services team in North America and collaborate with the Rail Asset Management and Performance Center (RAMP).
Your primary goal is to share knowledge about vehicle systems, safety, how the locomotives work, and what we do and maintain the systems for the life of a vehicle.To thrive in this role, you have:
- 3-4 years experience supporting a technical training program.
- Associate degree in an engineering subject area.
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products
- Technical interpersonal skills.
- Required travel: 50% throughout the United States and Montreal, Canada, to different customer locations and facilitate a predetermined training curriculum.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
This position is based in New Castle, DE. We offer a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in New Castle, DE, is $64,300 - $119,300.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.