Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
A platform Start-Up in a global corporate: we are a passionate and innovation-committed organization aiming to enable the leading Open Industrial Ecosystem based on Industrial Edge - a new infrastructure system to enable modern IT technologies in manufacturing. As a new entity in Siemens Siemens Digital Industries’ Factory Automation, we are working like a start-up in the Siemens Headquarter. Our mission is to enable and orchestrate a true B2B ecosystem of app providers, device builders, solution partners and industry.
We are strengthening our Ecosystem Engagement and are currently searching for a bridge builder and activator; The candidate will be making a difference in the provision of information and interaction opportunities in the ecosystem, working closely with Ecosystem Managers and with cross-functional partnerships in product, deployment, marketing, sales and support functions.
What part will you play?
As Specialist for Developer Engagement you will be at the heart and soul of our community building with app developers for the Industrial Edge Ecosystem. Your activities will include:
- Plan and execute different engagement and collaboration initiatives asking for or leveraging existing functionalities of our Community Platform (e.g., User Management, Blogs, Forum)
- Explore key interests of developers within our community and translate into engagement activities to meet their needs by e.g. developing incentives and status schemes
- Develop measures to attract, activate and retain community participants
- Monitor and collect feedback to help build a robust community support mechanism, as well as providing feedback to the internal teams at Siemens.
- Actively develop approaches for code challenges and gamification elements to spark joint innovation initiatives and set free network effects
- Support your colleagues from the software programming, marketing and customer support teams to try new formats, to develop content for the community and encourage them to continuously engage in the community
- Moderate larger national and international events, webinars and meet-ups
What you need to make real what matters.
- You are characterized by a high level of communication skills, social competence, intercultural experience, and team orientation
- You can moderate large events in a team, are a fabulous or ambitious writer for blogs and forums; you show initiative and can easily spark discussions
- You are solution oriented being able to drive topics from vision to implementation
- You are familiar with or can easily embrace new contexts such as our B2B environment in automation, edge and cloud computing as well as software development for automation/ manufacturing
- It would be great if you had already been an active member of app developer communities (maybe even in the Mendix Community?) and earned documented statuses and reputations or if you orchestrated communities / ecosystem activities before
- You are experienced in either sales, business development or community management
- You have a degree either in IT or business studies, including e.g. Information Technology, Business Computing, Software Engineering, Marketing & Communication, Industrial Services, Business; You have experience working in the context of software and application development
- You are fluent in English (native speaker level) – German is a plus
What we offer
- Create something new and unique; be part of Siemens own digital transformation journey and create true impact in a B2B platform business
- Work in a team of young, nice and fun colleagues in a new office building with a vivid office kitchen in central Erlangen
- Opportunities to grow – we will support your individual onboarding and continuous learning journey dependent on your background and aspiration
- Enjoy exchange with diverse stakeholders
- Two to three days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for you and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
Individual benefits are adapted to meet local legal regulations, the requirements of different job profiles, locations, and individual preferences.
Make your mark in
our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Either