At Siemens, we believe in Global Corporate Citizenship and creating perfect places for our customers. We are looking for bright and passionate talent to help tackle some of our Customers’ most pressing operational and energy challenges. The Energy Engineer role entails working closely with our existing Siemens Customers to help improve their facility’s energy efﬁciency and sustainability footprint. This will involve performing energy audits, energy calculations, designing custom solutions and participating in Customer facing presentations. This position also requires coordinating business development strategy with sales and technology solution managers within Siemens. The ideal candidate would be someone comfortable with taking a leading role and has a passion for customer service as well as energy efﬁciency. The focus of this position is to drive the Energy Services business within the local market for Siemens Smart Infrastructure.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Participate in pre-sale activities, working closely with Sales to identify and technically qualify customer opportunities for energy efﬁciency.
- Participate and at times lead client meetings and presentations. The Energy Engineer is responsible for performing all necessary energy and design calculations needed to adequately propose facility improvement measure (FIM) recommendations.
- Perform industry-standard (ASHRAE or equivalent) energy audits. This will require working independently to develop action plans prior to executing energy audits, properly organizing information gathered, and identiﬁcation of FIM recommendations.
- Perform industry-standard energy calculations.
- Assist with existing building commissioning. Understanding of industry standard commissioning procedures or techniques is preferred.
- Read and write sequences of operations, as well as analyzing drawings and speciﬁcations to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Work collaboratively with our Digital Service Center resources on Smart Building solutions, as part of Siemens Digitalization Strategy.
What you need to bring:
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Controls, Energy or Environmental Engineering
- 2-3 years of experience in energy efﬁciency engineering within commercial or industrial buildings
- Ability and willingness to travel
- An understanding of HVAC design fundamentals, building controls systems, lighting, building envelope, and domestic hot water system
- Professional Energy/Sustainability related certification such as Singapore Certified Energy Manager (SCEM), BCA Energy Auditor, or BCA Green Mark Accredited Professional is a plus.
- Hands-on experience of instrumentation installations (power meters, temperature sensors, and pressure sensors, flow meters) is preferred
- Independent and self-starter with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with MS Excel and VBA programming basics is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time