Create a better tomorrow with us.
We are looking for an expert Senior Software Developer to be hired with a permanent contract in Milan within the Grid Software business unit.
Siemens is a focused technology company, pioneering intelligent solutions that transform the everyday in manufacturing, grids, buildings, and transportation. Our technology addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity.
You love to create an impact? From Day 1 you are empowered to make a difference for a better tomorrow with your full potential and creativity.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of the development and implementation of software applications for Energy Distribution market. Our software applications portfolio covers real-time and critical workflows for Distribution System Operators. Our customers are leaders of the electric distribution market, with important installations in Italy and world-wide.
While your role will be managerial in nature, you will also be expected to code applications, create reports, and mentor the junior developers.
You will have to coordinate development/execution initiatives ensuring that commitments are clear to all partners/suppliers/teams involved, in an international context and multi-cultural.
You will participate in the technical reviews of the implemented solutions as well as will support in the study and technical evaluations of new or evolutionary initiatives.
Some of the main activities will be:
- Understand the customers’ needs in order to define the technical scope
- Proactively participate in continuous integration initiatives for release management procedures
- Assist project managers in technical reviews with the customer
- Define and manage standard methodologies for the software development, in coordination with the QA, CyberSec and Delivery teams
- Support in the management of critical technical problems that arise on the systems in operation
- Follow technical developments and technological trends related to the software development to propose new operating paradigms or approaches
- Ensure the achievement of objectives for all global initiatives that you will have to manage
To be a perfect fit for this role, you would already have:
- Education: master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Demonstrable experience in the development of full stack web software, both on-prem and in the cloud, of which at least 2 in the coordination of other developers
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language: J2EE and Spring Boot
- Knowledge of Oracle database (non-relational DB is a plus)
- Knowledge of architectural models for integration between various systems: message brokers (queues/topics), micro-services and orchestration
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban: knowledge of SAFe-5 is a plus
- Used to work in team, good listener, and good communicator
- Availability for occasional business trips
- Passion for never ceasing grow and for continuous training
- Respect and appreciation of each person's uniqueness, willingness to co-create and share knowledge
- Proficiency in English and Italian. Spanish is a plus
- Eligibility to work in Italy
What we offer
- Flexibility: trustful environment with an inclusive and flexible way of working driven by results,; hybrid and remote working enabled by innovative tools and devices, personal computer and smartphone; wi-fi connection reimbursement.
- Welfare: flexible welfare programs and health insurance extendable to your family; professional and extraprofessional accident insurance; free on-site lunch options.
- Never stop growing with plenty opportunities for continuous and individual learning journeys
- An inclusive team culture where you can be yourself
Join us and be yourself. Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of uniqueness, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to unleash their full potential.
Address to us your desired working conditions/ environment. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to ask for a more flexible arrangement if that suits better to you.
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!#MakeYourImpact #LI-Hybrid
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time