Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Senior Staff Data Scientist: Computer Vision & Robotics AI.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
The ideal candidate is a machine learning generalist covering entire spectrum of the applied ML/AI workflow including big data handling, MLOps, advanced ML concepts and frameworks (including unstructured data, multimodal ML, and Bayesian networks), distributed deep learning training, and ML expandability. The focus of this position is on image analysis, object detection, segmentation, and classification to solve robotic problems. Our preferred platform is Databricks.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Staff Data Scientist: Computer Vision & Robotics AI, you will be responsible for:
- Develop, train, and test models for object detection, classification, and segmentation to solve robotic problems
- Developing AL models on images of different quality including noisy and low-quality images
- Independently and rapidly develop and test functioning prototypes for feasibility demonstration in a healthcare environment, validate and communicate results to answer business-relevant questions.
- Developing reusable analytic models, configure and deploy algorithms, select optimal tools and define visualization methods/tools to present results.
- Contributing to developing organizational best practices in machine learning and data engineering.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
- University degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, electrical engineering or engineering sciences.
- Strong technical expertise in technologies, algorithms, and methodologies in the areas of image analysis, deep neural networks architectures for image processing, time-series analysis, feature engineering, dimensionality reduction, Bayesian networks, uncertainty quantification, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of using and extending analytical tools and systems, such as Databricks, Spark, Python, and similar data analytics workbenches.
- Expertise in big data analytics and analytics with structured and unstructured data.
- Ability to apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to optimize our products
- High level of expertise in applied ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Hugging Face, Scikit-learn, etc.
- Understanding of concepts in medical statistics
- Comfortable with creation and analysis of complex models to support effective decision making
- Understanding of ML model explainability and ML risk assessment concepts
- Broad understanding of ML life cycle management/MLOps.
- Practical skills in distributed GPU ML training and inference.
- Strong presentation and communication skills to present technical and business-relevant insights at different levels of the organization.
- Medical applications experience is preferred but not required
- Experience in Azure big data technologies is beneficial.
The pay range for this position is $165,552.00-$227,634.00 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is (15%) of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.