Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We want to get onboard a Project Director that will be responsible for a team of project managers, supervisors and technicians, is also the responsible for executing the project in compliance with the given requirements focus on critical projects.
Area of Responsibilities
• Project organization and management
• Project controlling and project reporting
• Contract management incl. claim management
• Opportunity and risk management
Support on Project organization and management
• Ensure that all plan elements (e.g. system structure, WBS, etc.) are taken into account in the sales / project initiation phase
• Handle all PM@Siemens-related plan elements and milestone results according to the project category
• Prepare and maintain the Siemens project management plan
• Plan the procurement strategy (in local Procurement entity) with the business manager and procurement department of the respective organizational units
• Ensure that all procurement activities comply with the applicable processes and regulations
• Monitor the performance of subcontractors / partners, escalate issues in good time (e.g. quality defects or problems in cooperation) and initiate appropriate measures in good time in the event of any non-conformities
• Manage regular project review meetings and organize the milestone prerequisites
• Manage the acceptance of supplies and services, subject to quality checks
• Document all work results in line with the applicable standards
Support on Project controlling and reporting
• Continuously monitor project status, in terms of cost, time and quality.
• Ensure the regular controlling of finances and regular reporting on finances
• Identify and minimize non-compliance costs
Support on Contract management incl. claim management
• With international (cross-border) projects: Synchronize the contract structure with the tax action plan and delegation concept
• Identify, drive, defend and reduce claims in good time
• Fulfill the contract and close the project in accordance with contractual and in-house regulations
• Define and agree the strategy to enforce / reduce / defend claims with stakeholders
• Involve the project team in the process of identifying changes and claims
Support on Opportunity and risk management
• Identify and assess all risk factors using the available risk assessment tools throughout the project
• Ensure that all risks are identified and monitored (including Compliance)
• Identify opportunities for further business with the partner(s)
• Ensure that all Opportunities are identified and monitored
• Identify / create additional opportunities from ongoing projects
• Ensure that risks&opportunities are monitored in all project phases
Experience & Knowledge required:
Master/Degree in Engineering
Know-how and experience in railway projects (Engineering, Project management, PMO…), preferably in International/multicultural teams.
Proven experience with Microsoft project / Microsoft project OnLine.
Technical knowledge of signaling railways systems: knowledge on Main Line and Mass Transit systems solutions and fundaments.
Knowledge of railway safety regulations: CENELEC 50126, CENELEC 50128 and CENELEC 50129.
Proven experience in interaction with customers/partners/providers.
Medium level of English (B2). With facility to have conversations and reading documents
Soft Skills, Competences:
Ability and taste to solve problems.
Demonstrates professional judgement competence.
Good communication skill, organized speech.
Looking to improve the knowledge in the railway sector and professional development
Initiative and proactive.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Flexibility is our main benefit. We combine remote and presence work because work-life balance and wellbeing are essential for our teams. We are convinced that stay at home allow us to focus on activities that need more time for concentration and being at the office enhance our creativity collaborating and learning from others.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, S.L.U.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time