Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close collaboration with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
We are currently recruiting two open positions for 12-month interns within the Documentation team for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and related Simcenter products. These internships are well suited for undergraduate students on courses that include a year in industry. The positions are based in the Hammersmith office in London and can start from July 2022 onwards.
Around the world, thousands of engineers in multiple industries use Simcenter STAR-CCM+ to simulate aerodynamics, heat transfer, reacting flows, particle dynamics, solid stress, and more. The Documentation team is responsible for producing end-user documentation, tutorials, and other technical information for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and related products within the Simcenter portfolio. The team is distributed across several offices in Europe and the US, including the Hammersmith office in London.
Joining as a 12-month student intern provides you with an excellent opportunity to experience technical writing at a high level given the breadth of physics that the Simcenter products can model.
As an intern, you will contribute to the goals of the team in helping our customers achieve success. Specifically, you can expect to:
- Learn about computational engineering analyses using Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and other software products within the Simcenter portfolio
- Become a proficient technical author of content that is supplied with Simcenter software products
- Learn to use XML content development tools (oXygen XML Author and SDL Tridion Docs)
- Follow product changes throughout the development lifecycle as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop new material for tutorials and workflows and update existing documentation to reflect the latest product changes
- Interact online or in-person with colleagues in the UK and internationally
- Liaise with technical experts and software developers in understanding new product features
- Be able to demonstrate that you can explain things well in written English. Writing samples are requested before interview
- Be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, physics, or mathematics
- Be willing to tackle new challenges independently and as part of a team
- Include a covering letter in your application that explains why you are suited to this position
We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.Siemens. Making real what matters If you want to make a difference – make it with us
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-time