The PROFINET Ethernet Device Driver team (EDDX) is responsible for the development and maintenance of the ethernet connectivity for PROFINET. The Ethernet Device Drivers support Siemens specific ASIC (e.g. ERTEC200P) as well as standard hardware components. Besides support for hardware, also software solutions in native or virtualized environments are in the responsibility of the team. Our solutions will be used on a variety of platforms and operating systems such as Windows, Linux and RTOS and scale from small, embedded devices to EDGE systems.
As part of the PROFINET team, you will drive future technologies for industrial communication based on latest generation of PROFINET hardware. Your responsibility as an embedded software developer will be the schedule, functionality, and quality of your work packages.
The team organizes itself via agile methods like daily standup, periodic retrospectives, and other team ceremonies. To keep the team-spirit high and have good relations with the team-colleagues we also regularly spend time to drive team-activities.
The Siemens PROFINET stack project has a huge amount of people involved which are experts in their fields. Therefore, you can profit from a big community which is willing to help. Due to this project size the several teams are distributed all over the globe which requires very good English skills.
WHAT IS PROFINET
Over the years PROFINET has become the leading Industrial Ethernet Standard in the automation market and is mainly driven by Siemens.
PROFINET is used by car manufacturers, breweries and all those who automate their facilities.
• Good skills in C/C++ for hardware driver development
• Fundamental knowledge about embedded systems
• Experience with ARM architectures would be beneficial
• Experience in system programming in Linux would be beneficial
• Experience with agile development would be beneficial
• Being communicative and a team-player is essential
• Very good English skills
• Experience with IDEs as Visual Studio, Code or Eclipse
• Source code management as GIT
• Design, implement, test, document and maintain features on embedded systems
• Bring up ideas on how to improve our current system
• Performing code reviews
• Driving topics on your own and organize yourself
• Distribute your knowledge
• Build up expertise on Ethernet controllers for Siemens SIMATIC products
What you can expect:
• Being part of the world leading company driving solutions for industrial automation
• Working with the latest generation of software and hardware solutions for industrial communications
• The possibility to improve yourself and an organization which empowers continuous personal development
• The possibility to form a new team and bring in your ideas for shaping the teams agile working environment
• A huge community of experts which can support you
You can look forward to:
• up to 33 days of holiday (standard 5 weeks + up to 8 days from benefit system)
• flexible working hours and home-office
• bonus for joining our company CZK 50,000
• an individual benefit budget of at least CZK 24,000 that you can turn into a combination of up to 8 extra days off, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance contributions
• relocation bonus for the costs of moving to the place of work (CZK 100,000 if you move to the Czech Republic from abroad, CZK 50,000 if you move to Prague within the Czech Republic)
• contribution to meals in the form of e- vouchers
• contribution to Multi-sport card
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time