Siemens Process Industries and Drives - New Kensington, PA facility is looking for talent! One of the core businesses of Siemens, we provide future-proof automation, drive technology, industrial software, and services based on best-in-class technology platforms like Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) or Integrated Drive Systems (IDS). Join us in empowering businesses to work harder, smarter, and faster. We’re on a journey to find a Power Electronics Engineer! Apply today and let’s see if we are a match!Primary Responsibilities
- Develop components for large AC Drive, Power Supply and other Power Electronics technologies
- Design, analyze and simulate power electronics circuits, magnetic components and control strategies for large AC drives and power supplies.
- Develop test methods for design qualification; assist with the product development process from initial design testing to final quality testing; troubleshoot large AC drive failures: evaluate and implement improvement methods.
- Interface, communicate, transact and/or lead such projects with other operations, including its foreign contacts, on common development projects.
- Develop new or integrate existing simulations into core product and/or control models.
- Delivering technical presentations to a Lead Engineer.
- Document design and simulation results into technical reports.
- A range of additional ad hoc power electronic duties to support the wider team.
- BS Degree with 3+ years of experience or advanced degree with 1-2 years experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with experience in simulation and design of power electronics
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately sophisticated assignments.
- Simulates real-time operations and develops software that simulates behavior of drive system.
- Experience in use of system simulators such as Matlab/Simulink, Ansys Simplorer/Twin Builder/ Maxwell, and/or Spice.
- Proficient software development skills in C++ and Python.
- Required travel 5%.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Experience in developing solutions for ac motor drives.
- Our ideal candidates will have experience in some of the following areas:
- Algorithm Development and Deployment
- Power Electronics
- Big Data / Machine Learning
- Multiphysics Flow
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Grid Generation
- Heat transfer
- Fluid Dynamics
- Transient / Non-Linear Flow
- Numerical Analysis
- Microcontroller and/or Microprocessor experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.