Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our System Specialists participate in the installation, startup, and commissioning of building automation system equipment (HVAC Controls) that has been newly installed. The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities. In this role, you will support the verification of the system database and programming, ensuring consistency with the scope of work and sequence of operations.
Network Technologies: Assist with data back-up from data servers and the creation of automated back-up procedures. Support troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations. Assist with the set-up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Support the confirmation of proper network performance.
Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance: Run routine reports to review system operation. Participate in final inspection and testing. Support customer acceptance. Assist with customer training on system operations. Complete and submit routine written reports. Provide plans and control system documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: May support others in the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and servicing electronic control equipment, HVAC Controls or HVAC equipment; 1+ years preferred, however, candidates with coursework in HVAC/Building Automation Controls will also be considered (Level II = 3+ years exp, Level I = 1+ years exp, Level Support = 0 years exp but coursework)
- Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skill
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for employer-based sponsorship currently or in the future
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
For Our Military/Veteran Applicants:
Thank you for your service. For the Systems Specialist role, Veterans (Navy, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, or Space Force) with these military careers are typically good fits:
Avionic ET, CE Careers (HVAC & Electrical), Communication Techs, Electricians, ET/EM/MM NUC, Fire Control, Navaids, ATC Radar ET Techs, SATCOM, Submarine Electronics/Computer Field, and other Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Career Fields
We highly encourage you to apply to any position you have interest in, not just the System Specialist.
This position may support a Siemens customer who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Keywords: Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.