Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Fire Alarm Technicians perform commercial fire alarm system service and maintenance. As a Fire Tech II, you will ensure that components are inspected, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer. Reporting into the local Supervisor, you will work with a mentor/lead technician, but also maintain an ownership culture environment, where working within a team promotes success.
- Commission systems, including loading software programs and implementing modifications
- Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress
- Conduct testing and inspection of systems under maintenance agreement
- Respond to and complete system troubleshooting and repairs
- Identify code and non-conformance issues
- Quote small repair jobs, and provide detailed parts and labor requirements to estimators and sales personnel for large repair projects
- Plan work with mentor, Lead Technician, and Team Leader
- Report on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material
- Create detailed test and inspection reports based on code requirements and customer needs
- Submit accurate time and expense logs
- Work overtime when needed
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field preferred
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products; 5+ years preferred
- Must have MA Class D Electrical (or higher) License or RI Electrical License
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 2 within 12 months of employment
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have excellent customer-facing and customer-service skills
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer-based support or sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver's license and clean driving record (limited violations)
This position may support a Siemens customer who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Electrical wiring, fire alarms, Fire Alarm Technician, fire alarm system, Fire alarm control panel, Building safety interfaces, safety devices, nicet, nfpa, axis ax, wheelock, exceder, 4100es, truealert, safelinc, next-in protection, firelite, fire light, fire-light, silent knight, simplex, siemens, notifier, edwards, est, gamewell, mircom, fike, vigilant, siemens xls, siemens mxl
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.