Manufacturing IT Internship
Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure combines the real and digital worlds across energy systems, buildings and industries, enhancing the way people live and work and significantly improving efficiency and sustainability.
We make an impact.
Within the Business Unit Electrical Products (EP) we are shaping the future of all products and technologies for a smart electrical infrastructure that is seamlessly integrated in connected, efficient, and sustainable eco-systems. Our worldwide teams ensure a secure, resource-conserving "Electrification 4.0" throughout our digital power monitoring solutions and products for switching, protecting, monitoring, and controlling low voltage loads.
Do you have IT education / experience? We are looking for extra support to our current Manufacturing IT team!
This is a 6-9 months Internship opportunity to join the IT Manufacturing team!
The key elements of this role involve:
- Computer and Printer maintenance, hardware troubleshooting and other tier 1 IT tasks
- Support assembly & Fabrication areas in IT Topics.
- This role provides maintenance of systems associated with production processes as needed, with the guidance of the IT Leadership.
- Supports the implementation of new technologies, processes, and equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment like computer, printer, scanner, etc.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Deployment of new work stations from the IT Perspective.
- Support users from all areas with technological difficulties/issues.
- Work with ATOS/IT Service Desk to reach a resolution for IT Issues.
- Research unusual issues/solutions the site may encounter.
- This role works mainly on 2nd or 3rd shift and weekends as necessary and planned.
Helping us drive our future vision, your toolkit may include some of these key skills
- Associate degree in an IT area
- 1 year of experience with IT Hardware (PC's, Printers Monitors, etc)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Network skills
- Data and Video Cabling
- All 3 shifts availability (based on plan / schedule), role may directly support weekend production schedules
- Knowledge & understanding of Windows, Internet, Office, etc
- 6 or less Attendance Points
- Knowledge in SAP, Electronica and DMM is a plus
- Be able to lift 30 lbs
- Able to complete Scissors lift certification
Who will your key partners be?
The position will be working directly with Plant IT Support Engineer and provide support to Management and shop floor employees.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We want you to enjoy being a part of our Siemens family, so here is the final thing you need to know about us
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.