Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, operating in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare as well as providing infrastructure solutions, primarily for cities and metropolitan areas.
We are actively seeking a System Engineer to join their Electrification & Automation team in Bayswater, VIC or North Ryde, NSW. Due to the high growth in the business, we are looking for strong technical individual who is reliable, willing to take challenges and can apply their experience to the project design and deliveries. Reporting to the System Engineering Team Leader, and working with our GIS, AIS and LV switchboards products and systems, this role will be both challenging and rewarding.
A high level of technical understanding of the project, attention to detail and a commitment to quality is necessity to successfully design and deliver a project. You will perform and coordinate design and technical delivery of medium voltage systems to ensure success of the technical solutions, within economic constraints and to customer satisfaction.
The Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Design and engineer MV, LV switchgear/system down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer, relevant IEC/AS Standard and Regulations
- Clarifies specification and customers’ requirements against the Siemens switchgear and deviate where necessary
- Design/ Verify Primary MV switchgear according to the customer specification and ensure Switchgear ratings CB, CT/VTs, are suitable for the application.
- Responsible for the realization of the system with the required functionality, prepares and/or review and maintains the design documentation.
- Review the secondary design to ensure the switchgear is designed according to the design inputs provided
-Interfaces across different BU’s, customers, PMs and factories to ensure the project delivery milestones
- Develop and/or administer quality, test & inspection records and/or participate in factory test and inspections to ensure traceable delivery of required functionality
- Administer or coordinate interaction with the different business units (e.g. tendering, manufacturing, procurement, logistics)
- Degree in Electrical engineering with 5-7 years’ experience. MIE Aust /CPEng is desirable.
- Competencies in MV GIS Switchgear, AIS Switchgear Primary and Secondary design
- LV switchgear design, Transformer construction & testing standards & principles
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, technical and non-technical
- Good working knowledge of AS3000 application and divergence from IEC standards
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time