Rolling Stock Welder
Join the growing team at our world-class train manufacturing facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is the North American market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles. See links below to learn more about Siemens Mobility:
As a Fitter/Welder, you will support a broad range of activities in a dynamic, high energy production environment in the fabrication of carbon steel and stainless-steel car bodies for the best rail vehicles in the world.
What we are offering
Full time position
Starting pay - $21.00/hr. (plus shift premium – 10% for 2nd shift, 20% for 3rd shift)
11 paid holidays, 18 days PTO
401K – 6% company match
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Weld carbon steel or stainless-steel assemblies for car bodies or bogies.
- Fit, tack, and weld component parts into subassemblies and integrated final car bodies and bogies according to detail drawings with the aid of jigs and fixtures and state-of-the-art welding equipment.
- Weld assemblies according to specified welding standards.
- Ensure all dimensions comply with drawing specifications and tolerances.
- Repair fabrication errors according to defined repair procedures.
- Safely use hand, power, and welding tools.
- Complete work order documentation, quality documents, and accurately clock labor hours.
- Meet company standards for quality and workmanship
- Meet production schedule, quality requirements, and budgeted labor hours with limited supervision.
- · Follow all safety requirements, including use of all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Contribute to and maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
What you need to be successful
- High school education or GED
- 2 years MIG welding experience or completion of accredited weld education program
- General mechanical background.
- Basic English skills – ability to read and understand written instructions and effectively communicate verbally.
We would be impressed if you have
- AWS certification for welding carbon steel using GMAW 3G vertical up and 4F overhead
- Working knowledge of GTAW welding
- Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a background check and drug screen, as well as Pulmonary Function Test and Respirator Fit Test.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential job duties:
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; climb, crawl in tight spaces or balance; talk and hear.
- Lift and move no more than 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Welders are required to wear a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR), and other required protective equipment.
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.