Siemens Mobility Limited have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Architect (Team Lead) to join our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. As this role includes team lead responsibilities, there will be a requirement to attend our Ashby de-la Zouch office as well as regional sites such as York, Manchester, Chippenham and Croydon
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS we deliver network and security solution to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network, voice solution and security solution. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This role is for a Senior Network Design Engineer and Team Leader, capable of technically leading and defining operational telecommunication designs and solution for various railway projects. We deliver data networks for Rail Signalling Systems. The role will involve delivering proposals and designs based on customer requirements. The job holder will provide team leadership to a team of network architects and entry level talents, contributing to their career development and progression. This person must be capable of building and maintaining strong communication links with the customers’ telecoms specialists and delivery partners and collaborate with the systems engineering group, the project delivery teams, research and development team, and management team to interpret and influence the delivery strategy, based on the needs of these stakeholders.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Provide line management and technical leadership for a team and their allocated tasks, delivering safety through design, to programme ensuring the required govaernance is applied and approving as responsible engineer where allocated
- Ensure the team achieves successful delivery of Network designs and bids including network architectural design description documents, network architecture diagrams, IP Addressing/Sub-netting design, cable schedules, diversity plans and configuration
- Ensure the team delivery incorporates the required specifications, network security architecture and designs.
- Manage customer requirement and production of system requirements and proposals
- Presenting the network design architecture to the project and the customer.
- Provide leadership, technical support and mentorship to team members.
- Develop associated test specifications, provide support for onsite build and test, and support for integration & system testing
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree level qualification in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject or equivalent experience
- A demonstrable experience of Network Communication Systems and Architectures, especially LAN/WAN architectures and network security, associated with a safety related environment
- Established knowledge of the systems engineering life-cycle
- Demonstrable experience of working to industry quality and safety standards
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions at all levels.
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Cisco certified, or at working level, preferably to CCNP or above with extensive applicable experience.
- Chartered engineer
- IRSE License
- Experience in at least one of the following technologies: Software Defined Networking, virtualisation, data centre, network automation
- Experience in at least one of the following security services: next generation firewalls, SIEM, Threat Intelligent, IAM.
- Experience in UK railway operational telecoms design, standards and delivery processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of railway systems: SCADA, Signalling, Radio, M&E, Station Information and Security Systems, electronic security.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time