Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI) is seeking for a Power System Consultant to join our Power System Consulting group part of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division. You will be accountable to model and study electrical transmission, distribution, and industrial systems as well as develop plans to meet future system needs of clients such as independent system operators, transmission and distribution providers, and power producers. The Consultant will be working remotely in Canada for our PTI team.
The core responsibilities of the Consultant include the application of power system knowledge, modeling, simulation, and analysis of power system steady state, dynamic, and transient phenomena. In addition, the Consultant will prepare reports and presentations of the study results and provide recommendations accordingly. In this role, it is crucial for the Consultant to develop and maintain a strong relationship with our customers through ongoing communication. The successful candidate requires great problem-solving skills enabling quality and accuracy in a project environment. Attention to detail is a success factor.
What will you do?
- Effectively conduct transmission, distribution, and industrial system studies within time and budget constraints
- Provide direct customer support and keep ongoing line of communication with customer for scope delivery
- Prepare study reports and other technical documentation and ensure the compliance in their completion and delivery
- Present study reports to clients in a manner to effectively communicate the findings
- Provide support to project teams as required
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with a Power Systems focus, preferably Master's or PhD degree
- 2-5 years' working experience in Power System Studies/Consulting; engineering internships and graduate programs will be considered as working experience
- Knowledge with commercial software such as PSS®E, TSAT, PSLF, PSCAD, TARA
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages such as C++/C, Fortran, and Python, for building user defined models and developing automation scripts to improve the speed and accuracy of simulations and analysis.
- Great English written and spoken communication skills are required
- Additional languages such as Spanish, French, German are assets
*** The successful candidate for this position must be fluent in English (verbal and written) to interact with English-speaking customers and suppliers across Canada and/or internationally as well as with Siemens colleagues based outside of Quebec, nationally and internationally***
Please submit your resume in English.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.