Job Description –MOD Senior Lead
This is a departmental support position that will directly support the overall execution of MOD SHOP activities within the Southaven Logistics Center in Southaven, MS. This position will be responsible for leading all new hire OJT and cross training of job functions within the department. This role serve as Process Lead for a specific work area within department and will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining key KPI’s within work area including daily Operations Checklist and weekly Safety Audit Checklist. This position will also support facets of the entire workforce.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer skills required, to include warehouse management systems experience.
- Material Handling Experience required
- Minimum of 3: Stand Up Dock Truck, Order/Stock Picker, Sit down Forklift, Tugger/Cart, Walkie Rider, or any equivalent
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a high-volume distribution center or large retail operation.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred
- Proficient with SAP & RF Scan knowledge and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- 5 years of direct operations experience.
- Communicate all directives to employees under the direction of the MOD Supervisor
- Ability to serve as back up as needed
- Serve as the training lead within respective work area
- Responsible for all supporting all training documentation for talent development
- Ability to lead daily shift debriefings and communicate daily production trends within specific work area
- Complete Operations Checklist daily
- Lead tracking and execution of external rework initiatives within the area / facility
- Perform varied SAP transactions including but not limited to running queries, waves, scheduling production, printing orders, creating TO’s, OB deliveries, and shipments, researching and troubleshooting issues, reconciling 140 bins. Carry out execution of BoM deviations under direction of MOD supervisor.
- Track employee output data daily, productivity, attendance, variance, etc.
- Must be able to maintain forklift certification
- Support tasks such as Picking, Packing/Auditing, Loading, Replenishment, Cycle Counting, and Receiving/Putaway functions, PHILOS, HAZMAT, MOD SP processing. MOD building, testing, assisting.
- Provide suggestions to IE and Operations Supervisor on process improvements
- Provide feedback to MOD team as defects occur
- Participate in feedback sessions and Focus Groups Team
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills
- Investigate and conduct in-depth research on all discrepancies and provide resolution to coordinator/manager.
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment and team focus
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and multi-task
- Proficient SAP & RF Scan knowledge and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Database management skills
- Must be able to maintain forklift certification
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly logs for the respective department.
- Support Company and Team Objective, encourage teammates to support changes. Promote improvements and changes to the process in a positive way
- Interacts with supervisor, coordinators, Inbound, Inventory control, and Outbound staff to reconcile open issues
- Lead by example
- Other duties as assigned.
- Report to Operations Supervisor when additional support is needed within work area
- Provide feedback to Supervisor regarding individual performance and communicate training plan of action ( as needed)
- Openly and actively, communicate internally through the respective Dept., and externally with every other department.
- Serve as Primary customer service contact and provide timely solutions to customer facing issues.
- Provide professional communication both written and verbal to internal and external customers.
- Ensure communication occurs with all peers in a polite and professional manner
- Perform communication daily regarding open issues regarding work in progress, defects, slotting activities, and ideas for improvements
- Communicate all material needs to complete daily assigned tasks
- Reconcile all equipment, order, location, inventory, or process issues as reported by employees.
- Follow the open door policy, informing your chain of command with your issue, and if unhappy with the answer presented, request a conversation at the next level.
- Directly responsible for ensuring a clean and clear work area for teammates to fully perform their job duties and our expectations.
- Actively provide feedback to leads, trainers, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
- Monitor your work performance, to develop sense of pride in your work and sense of urgency.
- Actively provide feedback to leads, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
- Become authority on key metrics and how they are derived, and ensure you understand how you will be measured.
- Ability to lead personnel within work area and perform production activities at a high level
- Be clear and concise on direction(s) given and follow-up.
- Address Ineffective or counterproductive processes
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.