Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
This position is responsible for working independently on fast paced technically complex Metro Railway Electrification design projects. C&P Engineers are responsible for supporting or leading substation engineering project teams, with the development of protective relay design including relay selection, relay one-line diagrams, transmission and distribution system modeling, and protective relay settings coordination, development and calculations.
- Protection and Automation design to develop and/or review protective relay settings, relay settings basis, IED data maps, and SCADA points list.
- Performs design studies and demonstrate a good working knowledge of relay protections involving logic diagrams, calculations report, relay database management, and coordination studies.
- Works within a multi-discipline team to develop and/or review efficient and reliable electrical design packages for medium and high voltage substations.
- Coordinates design activities to maintain project schedules, budget, quality requirements to ensure successful project completion.
- Assists in site visits and station walkdowns, estimating, and attending project meetings.
- Accountable to provide design activities in accordance with applicable codes and standards, including procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Delivers accurate and thorough electrical designs that will meet industry standard specifications and meet prudent engineering practices.
- Reviews internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Coordinates design activities with other multi-discipline project team members.
- Provides construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings, and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintains complete project documentation with respect to relay settings, engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintains good working relationship with internal groups that support projects such as other engineering disciplines, Drafting, Project Management etc.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience focused on the development of protection philosophies, automation & integration projects, and relay settings development.
- 5 Experience in similar works metro projects
- Experience in relay setting calculations and coordination of Intelligent Electronic Devices and Numerical Relays. Must have ability to use software program and be familiar with SCADA systems, Remote Terminal Units and Real Time Automation Controllers.
- Experience with IEC61850/Goose Messaging.
- Strong client focus.
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills, including a strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards.
- Ability to perform independently and in a team environment and provide project ownership.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Ahmedabad or Surat. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time