Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
This position is responsible for working independently on fast paced technically complex Metro Railway Electrification design projects. Third Rail design Engineers are responsible for supporting or leading traction engineering project teams. Third Rail Design Engineers are responsible for design of complete Third Rail design and associated products, calculations etc.
The engineer will work on the comprehensive design of Third Rail, excellent knowledge of 750V Traction System is required.
- Proven and capable to create system conceptual documents for third Rail/TSS/ASS.
- Excellent knowledge of DC systems and associated products, designs and third rail in metro electrification.
- Excellent knowledge of DC equipment of Traction including all components with functionalities and associated interfaces including cabling.
- Good knowledge of Third Rail design calculations such as gap study, dead zone simulations and installation experience.
- Able to create/prepare systems design calculations as per standards and technical specifications.
- Deep knowledge of products and able to integrate the same into the system configuration.
- Able to create design documents such as calculations, SLDs, Layouts, cable schedule related to TSS and Third Rail.
- Knowledge of CEA regulations and other international and national standards like IS, IEC, BIS etc.
- Knowledge of engineering computations such as simulation studies etc.
- Works within a multi-discipline team to develop and/or review efficient and reliable electrical design packages for medium and high voltage substations.
- Coordinates design activities to maintain project schedules, budget, quality requirements to ensure successful project completion.
- Assists in site visits and station walkdowns, estimating, and attending project meetings.
- Accountable to provide design activities in accordance with applicable codes and standards, including procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Delivers accurate and thorough electrical designs that will meet industry standard specifications and meet prudent engineering practices.
- Reviews internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Coordinates design activities with other multi-discipline project team members.
- Provides construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings, and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintains complete project documentation with respect to relay settings, engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintains good working relationship with internal groups that support projects such as other engineering disciplines, Drafting, Project Management etc.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering.
- 10 years of experience in Third Rail power supply system.
- 5 years of experience in similar Metro projects
- Proficiency in utilizing AutoCAD, MS office.
- Strong communication skills and the cooperative ability to work with remote team members and providing support for other projects.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Ahmedabad or Surat. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time