Create a better tomorrow with us.
We are looking for a Senior Service Engineer, with a focus on supervision and control systems (SCADA) for electric distribution, to be hired with a permanent contract in Milano within the Grid Software area.
Siemens is a focused technology company, pioneering intelligent solutions that transform the everyday in manufacturing, grids, buildings, and transportation. Our technology addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity.
You love to create an impact? From Day 1 you are empowered to make a difference for a better tomorrow with your full potential and creativity.
As Senior Service Engineer your mission will be to coordinate
service and control system operations of our SCADA solutions running on
Some of the main activities will be:
- Managing 1st level support activities on SCADA system infrastructure and SW applications
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Ticket management coordinating other resources and interfacing 2nd level support teams and SW factory teams
- Executing preventing maintenance activities on SCADA system infrastructure and SW applications
- Perform system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Deployment of SW applications new releases
To be a perfect fit for this role, you would already have:
- 10+ years of experience in service activities of SCADA solutions for electric distribution
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating systems (preferably SUSE Linux) including batch and script languages
- Solid understanding of networking TCP/IP
- Knowledge of virtualization infrastructure, preferably VMWare based
- Good organizational skills to respond to multiple inquiries in a timely and professional manner This is a position requiring attention to detail with a strong focus on time and task management, capable of handling many orders and tasks in parallel.
- Passion to never-stop growing
- Respect and appreciation of each person’s uniqueness, willingness to co create and share knowledge
- Proficiency in English and Italian
- Eligibility to work in Italy
What we offer
- Flexibility: trustful environment with an inclusive and flexible way of working driven by results,; hybrid and remote working enabled by innovative tools and devices, personal computer and smartphone; wi-fi connection reimbursement.
- Welfare: flexible welfare programs and health insurance extendable to your family; professional and extraprofessional accident insurance; free on-site lunch options.
- Never stop growing: plenty opportunities for continuous and individual learning journeys
- An inclusive team culture where you can be yourself
Join us and be yourself. Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of uniqueness, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to unleash their full potential.
Address to us your desired working conditions/ environment. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to ask for a more flexible arrangement if that suits better to you.
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time