Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- The mission of the Quality Manager in Projects (QMiP) is to act as an expert and support the Project Manager as a partner by planning, monitoring, ensuring and reporting of appropriate activities with regards to failure prevention and effective implementation (pro-active and re-active).
- The QMiP acts as a supporter of continuous improvement in all PM@Siemens project phases.
- In particular, the QMiP is authorized at any time to intervene in the project with defined procedures in case of non-conformances or when the project result is at risk.
- The QMiP acts as a member of the project core team and reports the quality status to the Project Manager.
- The QMiP is independent and reports in functional matters to the QM line manager as well.
Area of responsibility
- The scope of the job incorporates all project-related activities in order to meet the targeted results with regard to quality with consideration of requirements of
- Business related headquarters (overall strategy, basic processes and their interfaces, tool application, compliance issues),
- Customer (contractual requirements, expectations and at least satisfaction),
- Market (statutory, regulatory and state of the art requirements),
- if necessary, 3rd parties (e.g., suppliers and sub-contractors, consortium partner, authorities, surveyors, etc.) and
- As far as relevant- public conditions and interests.
- Quality Management System: If relevant (internal or by customer):
- Define and implement a QM system for project-specific application in accordance to the QM system applied by the relevant Business Unit
- Support project management in planning and securing milestone results
- Cooperate with the responsible persons of the QM system of the BU concerned and other functions e.g., environmental protection, health and safety at work
- Quality planning: Establish and, if necessary, update the quality plan e.g., acc. to ISO 10005/10006, QM Manual. Define quality targets based on project critical factors and methods/tools with respect to HQ standards. Every application of methods / tools should be clearly defined with regard to the standard processes of the respective business(es) and their interfaces between the HQ and the required local procedures.
Progress and results should be verifiable based on:
- Project factors and quality related KPIs or key figures provided by the line management
- Defined target values or characteristics as per management target agreement (PM agreement)
- Customer integration: Ensure adherence to processes to analyze and monitor fulfillment of contractual and committed requirements
- Management of professional feedback to and from the customer
- Manage complaints
- Quality in processes and projects: Ensure execution of quality plan and quality gate process through active involvement in readiness checks and participation in quality gate meetings. Reject releases e.g., in quality gates in case of non-adherence to requirements. Ensure the initiation and closure of corrective actions.
- Continuous improvement: Supports the planning, initiation and coordination of continuous improvement actions for all phases of the project. Ensure good practice sharing and feedback of experience through continuous improvement actions.
- Quality-based supplier management: Supports SQM in planning and ensuring the required quality level of the project-specific supply chain (internal & external).
- Qualification on quality: Identify qualification requirements and initiate training for project employees with regards to knowledge of quality methods to be applied, process awareness and expert knowledge.
- Audits and assessments: Plan and conduct project audits, assessments, reviews and participate in status meetings. Ensure implementation of (improvement) measures.
- Quality Management report: Planning and preparation of quality management report in line with EN 50129 as input for the safety case.
- Quality reporting: Reporting on quality status, quality incidents and root cause analysis to project management, BU and/or regional QM organization and/or other defined parties together with the project team and based on defined KPIs and metrics. Communicate quality objectives to all affected or involved parties. If necessary, escalation of project-threatening situations in the specified escalation paths.
- Defining and issuing of project specific directives in collaboration with the PM to the project team members to ensure compliance with the relevant internal and customer processes, quality rules and regulations
- Intervention and escalation to reporting line in functional matters where guidelines, quality-relevant procedures or targets are not complied with. This includes involvement of expert opinions as necessary
- Stopping procedures, supplies and service
- Access to all quality related data, e.g., customer contracts, risk assessments, financial reporting, project plans, target agreements (non-personal)
- Internal and external representation of the project in matters of quality
- In projects in which more than one organization and country are involved, the Lead-QMiP coordinates and controls all QM-units.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 10 years in total along with bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics Engineering.
- Your should have minimum 5 years of experience as quality manager in Railway (preferred DC metro) Electrification.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Ahmedabad or Surat. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time