Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
We are currently looking for a Technical Support consultant- Networking and data based in our Concord, GTA, Ontario location, who would report directly to our Manager of Technical Support. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent analytical skills, who can multi-task on various projects, who is a good problem solver and has exceptional organizational skills. They will have specific responsibilities for supporting Siemens Ruggedcom Data product- Switches, routers, serial servers, NMS, Cyber security solutions and wireless products.
- Provide post sales technical support for RuggedCom product suite.
- Work closely with Sales, Technical Support, Engineering and various internal groups to expedite customer resolution.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and act as customer interface while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- The incumbent will utilize telephone and remote isolation, diagnostic and resolution tools, documents and capabilities to resolve complex integrated end user implementation, configuration, and operational issues in a timely manner.
- Support will include 3rd party products/solutions and onsite support. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and exercise appropriate discretion to establish customer relationship management for successful services delivery.
- Log and track cases in Trouble reporting system.
- Should have excellent internetworking experience, customer service and presentation skills and ability to handle issues from inception to conclusion.
What will you need to succeed?
- Engineering graduate
- Working knowledge of configuring, implementing, proof of concept, troubleshooting, testing and design of the following Data networking and wireless technologies:
- TCP/IP, Ethernet , VLANs, VPN/Firewalls/Security
- Routing protocols – OSPF (Strong), BGP, RIP, VRRP
- Network Security – Firewalls, IDS, SSL/TLS, PKI
- T1/T3, DSL, VOIP, RSTP/Spanning Tree
- Testing equipment – sniffers/protocol analyzers/traffic generators
- Wireless WiFi technologies: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, WiMAX, LTE, 5G
- BASH SHELL, PERL, VBScript, SQL, HTML, PYTHON, JAVA script, PHP experiences will be a plus, also Basic database/SQL skills will be the bonus
Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following attributes:
- Last 2 years Cisco certifications or other vendor certifications: CCNA, CCNP, Security Certifications
- Knowledge of IEC61850 and other common Scada protocols like DNP, Modbus etc.,
- Familiarity with SCADA field equipment like Schweitzer relays, GE relays etc.,
- Experience providing solutions and technical support
- Bilingual French speaking an asset.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited - RuggedCom
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.