Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Project Engineer to support our Siemens and distributor sales teams in the USA. The Project Engineer will support to establish the Siemens PA DCP organization as a competent supplier of holistic localization solutions in the industry and thus provide expert technical support for RTLS applications. It is the goal of the Project Engineer to successfully apply the RTLS product portfolio in customer applications (various industries).
This position will report to the Head of the RTLS business in the USA and work closely with the Business Developers and PreSales Consultants.
This position may be based in any major US city.
- Planning and implementation of Real Time Locating Systems in customer projects, recognizing and analyzing of project risks as well as taking required actions accordingly.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for Siemens RTLS for all problems and questions from customers.
- Provide consultative technical support to customers during design, testing, debugging and commissioning of RTLS systems.
- Integration of interfaces to end user application.
- Installation and commissioning of RTLS hardware and software and serving as the technical responsible working closely together with Project Manager and end customer.
- Functional testing and working with external service providers.
- Support of IT for a successful roll out as well as conduction of fault analysis and process optimization.
- Analyze customer specific requirements for the locating systems.
- Support the development of functional specification documents as well as solutions.
- Submit the functional requirements to the development team and prepare test specifications as well as documentation with the team.
- Commissioning at customer site, conduct operator training as well as customer acceptance for hardware and software.
- Collaborate with Siemens RTLS Project Engineering team in Germany to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Offer RTLS product improvement suggestions to R&D based on field experience and competitor intelligence.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Education: BS in engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical knowledge in areas like radio technology, IT or automation engineering as well as database knowledge.
- Knowledge about the processes in industrial manufacturing or logistics.
- Understanding of localization technologies and their applications in industrial applications.
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
- Typically 5 plus years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Self-motivated individual - internally driven.
- Outward focused, customer oriented.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships with sales and customers (interpersonal relationships).
- Anticipated travel: 60%
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- In depth understanding of RTLS technology for Industrial Applications.
- Familiarity with common industrial applications of RTLS.
- Knowledge of industry value chain and typical work practices- Integrators, OEMs, End Users.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.