Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning R&D Lead
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious senior-level professional, looking for the next challenge in their career leading a new AI/ML R&D team.
Siemens Healthineers, Swords, Dublin, are establishing a new team within engineering and looking for a AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) lead who can create and drive a high-performing R&D team in using large data sets to develop complex algorithms and models to solve real problems in the development of medical diagnostic analysers which cover immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology testing.
Reporting into the Software Engineering Manager, the mission of this role is to lead and develop an AI/ML team that will deliver solutions that make real-time intelligent decisions at pace. This will include gathering very large data sets, developing suitable database structures, committing this data to AI & ML tools to create models predicting analyzer behavior, and ultimately integrating with product software to improve the customer experience. The successful candidate must have a strong technical background in this area, with a proven track record in strategy, roadmap development, team building and on-time project delivery. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to ensure team members work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with all stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions, while growing knowledge and solving problems in a lean environment.
As a key leader you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary Engineering team (Mechanical, Electronics, Biochemistry, Software, Firmware, Artificial Intelligence, Optics) working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The critical skills and personality we are looking for
- Proven experience in the design and development of high-quality AI / ML solutions
- Experience in integrating AI/ML solutions into overall software platform
- Extensive experience in developing & leading a high performing AI / ML team fostering a collaborative and innovative culture, with a focus on building expertise & empowerment
- Strategic thought process and ability to plan across the business to deliver on strategic goals
- Demonstrated experience with multiple machine learning techniques / models (Supervised Models, Ensembles, Unsupervised learning techniques, Neural network)
- Transfer learning, GPU acceleration would be an advantage
- Must have in-depth knowledge of various sophisticated tools and methods to achieve the following goals
- Harvesting of large data sets and compiling into database structures
- Data analysis / manipulation
- Building accurate and efficient AI / ML models
- Implementation into real-time instruments
Required for the success of this role
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering effective solutions from concept to implementation
- High paced individual with the ability to define and develop the infrastructure and framework to establish a world-class AI/ML based Centre of Excellence
- Eager, passionate, and high paced individual who can lead and develop a high performing technical engineering team
- Ability to define strategy, budget management, develop roadmaps and lead team-driven solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries and the full value chain of the product (from Suppliers to Customers) to deliver the desired outcome
- Is a strong and decisive leader with extensive experience
- Ability to make informed key decisions to drive the business forward
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 10+ years’ relevant engineering experience including 5+ years’ experience in leading a high performing AI/ML team
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
If you want to join apply online - Healthineers Job Search - Jobs - Page 1 (siemens.com)
Any issues - Please email email@example.com
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time