Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious senior-level professional, looking for the next challenge in their career growing and leading a team as an R&D Software Manager.
Siemens Healthineers, Swords, Dublin, are expanding the software team and require an experienced R&D Software Manager and leader to manage a team of engineers to complement our existing broad range of Engineering competencies in the development of medical diagnostic analysers which cover immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology testing.
Reporting into an Engineering Manager, the mission of this role is to lead and develop a high performing Software team that can deliver solutions at pace. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in strategy, roadmap development, team building, system integration and on-time product delivery. Must demonstrate the ability to ensure team members work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with other Engineering functions to deliver high-end innovative products. The role involves working on a wide range of software projects to deliver innovative full stack software solutions.
As a key leader you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary engineering team (Mechanical, Electronics, Firmware, Systems Integration, Biochemistry, Software, Artificial Intelligence, Optics) managing a team of engineers working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The critical skills and personality we are looking for
- Extensive experience in developing & leading a high performing software development team fostering a collaborative and innovative culture, with a focus on building expertise & empowerment
- Lead the team to translate customer needs and design input requirements into detailed architecture and design specifications
- Ability to integrate software with different technologies (Fluidic sensing, electronics, motion control, and vision)
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all the team's deliverables (Agile, SCRUM etc.)
- Setup of rigorous testing strategies for all software releases
- Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured analytical approach
- Experience in a regulated environment would be beneficial
- Must have knowledge of the software development life cycle including
- Strong programming and architectural skills (C, C#, C++)
- Experiencing in leading full stack product development
- Experience with design and implementation of real-time systems over CAN Open or another protocol
Required for the success of this role
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering effective solutions from concept to implementation
- High paced individual with the ability to define and develop the infrastructure and framework to establish a world-class Software Centre of Excellence
- Eager and passionate in defining strategy, budget management, develop roadmaps and lead team-driven solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries to deliver the desired outcome
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering effective solutions from concept to implementation at pace
- Is a strong and decisive leader with extensive experience
- Ability to make informed key decisions to drive the business forward
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 10+ years’ relevant engineering experience including 5+ years’ experience in managing a high performing software team
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
If you want to join apply online, Healthineers Job Search - Jobs - Page 1 (siemens.com)email@example.com
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time