Biochemistry Laboratory Professional
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career as a Biochemistry Laboratory Professional.
Are you a passionate and experienced Biochemist working within a Laboratory willing to join our expanding Engineering team in Swords, Co. Dublin, developing next generation IVD Immunoassay and Clinical Chemistry instruments?
This role involves supporting and troubleshooting issues that impact assays at the instrument level. It will involve managing chemical handling processes, test processes, carrying out investigations, providing technical support to field service and documenting findings in a highly regulated environment. The candidate will work within a cross functional engineering team consisting of R&D and manufacturing engineers.
The role is high paced where the candidate will work on many different projects across the full product lifecycle- i.e., R&D, manufacturing and customer support. Strong experience in a medical diagnostics laboratory with Immunoassay and/or Clinical Chemistry instruments is essential.
As a key member of the team you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary Engineering group working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The critical skills required
- Clinical laboratory experience; preferably working with mid-to-high volume Immunoassay and Clinical Chemistry IVD instruments
- Experience partaking in assay related investigations, and writing detailed reports/SOPs in a clear and precise manner
- Ability to comprehensively present findings and updates to the wider engineering team and key stakeholders
- Experience dealing with complaints/non-conformances within a highly regulated environment
- A problem solver that finds robust solutions using a structured approach
- Good knowledge of laboratory best practices and processes (e.g., chemical handling)
- Experience/Knowledge in basic statistics, process control, and KPI’s
- Good computer skills with experience using Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and statistical applications (Minitab, JMP etc.)
Required personality and qualifications for this role
- An excellent team player who is comfortable working in a team environment that involves a lot of cross-functional interaction
- High paced individual who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility
- Someone who shows drive and initiative and has a patient focused mindset
- Someone who has the user’s best interest in mind and focuses on improving processes
- Utilises their knowledge and skill set to get the job done with pace
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Biochemistry/Engineering/Chemistry/Life Sciences)
- 4+ years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting utilising Immunoassay and/or Clinical Chemistry techniques
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
If you want to join apply online, Healthineers Job Search - Jobs - Page 1 (siemens.com)
Any issues - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time