R&D Senior Electrical and Electronic Engineer
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious senior-level professional, looking for the next challenge in their career as a Senior R&D Electrical & Electronic Engineer.
Siemens Healthineers based in Swords, Dublin, are expanding the engineering team to complement our existing broad-range of engineering competencies. The successful applicant will be a key member of a newly established and expanding R&D team and is expected to lead, guide and mentor colleagues in developing and supporting next generation medical diagnostic analysers (immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology).
The applicant must have a proven track record in the design and development of electrical and electronic solutions within complex instruments / analysers. The role includes the integration of sensors, power devices, transducers, motion control (motors, encoders), thermoelectric devices and microcontrollers into a real time system. Experience in firmware development and PCB design would be an advantage. You must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with other engineering functions (e.g., Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Software, Mechanical, Firmware, System Integration, Biochemistry) to deliver high-end innovative product solutions at pace.
As a key member of the team you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary R&D network working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The critical skills and personality we are looking for
- Proven experience in the design and development of high-quality electrical / electronic solutions; experience in a regulated environment would be beneficial
- It would be advantageous to have the following experience
- Knowledge of computer operating systems; hardware and software
- PCB design experience with a good understanding of design concepts and component selection
- Ability to utilise different design packages (e.g., Mentor Graphics, Eagle, Altium, Proteus, OrCAD etc.)
- Experience with the design of analog and digital circuits from the transducer to the microcontroller input; considering cabling, connectors, signal strength, and noise/interference
- Knowledge of Firmware development (ability to modify current Firmware)
- Micro Controller knowledge (e.g. ARM Cortex)
- Software programming (C, C++)
- Knowledge of power electronics, cabling routing and how to integrate into a complex instrument
- Control systems engineering knowledge (Tuning motors, PID control, etc.)
- Good understanding of EMC, and methods to eliminate electronic interference
- Experience of Low Voltage & Machinery Directives and other relevant standards
- Ability to translate design input requirements into detailed functional specifications and designs
- Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured analytical approach
Required for the success of this role
- High paced individual who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering effective solutions from concept to implementation at pace
- Is a key coach & mentor in supporting the team
- Ability to make informed key decisions to drive the business forward
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 5+ years’ relevant engineering experience in a high performing R&D team
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
If you want to join apply online, Healthineers Job Search - Jobs - Page 1 (siemens.com)
Any issues - Please email email@example.com
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time