R&D Senior Mechanical Engineer
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious senior-level professional, looking for the next challenge in their career as a R&D Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Siemens Healthineers based in Swords, Dublin, are expanding the engineering team to complement our existing broad-range of engineering competencies. The successful applicant will be a key member of an expanding R&D team and is expected to lead, guide and mentor colleagues in developing and supporting next generation medical diagnostic analysers (immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology).
The applicant must have a proven track record in the electro-mechanical design and development of complex instruments / analysers which have a myriad of moving parts. These dynamic motions are used to aspirate patient samples, complete mixing operations, store reagent and complete all handling operations of samples around different parts of the instrument. Furthermore, experience utilising sophisticated dynamic simulation packages / techniques (model fluid motion, stresses, thermals, automation etc.) would be an added advantage
You must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with other engineering functions (e.g., Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Software, Electrical, Electronic Firmware, System Integration, Biochemistry) to deliver high-end innovative product solutions at pace.
As a key member of the team you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary R&D network working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The critical skills we are looking for
- Proven experience in the design and development of high-quality of automated electro-mechanical systems
- Integration of electromechanical sub-assemblies into complex systems which may include fluidics, optics, sensing, electronics and software elements
- Experienced CAD designer who has good product lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge
- LEAN/Six Sigma practices and principles to develop reliable robust designs (DOE, DFSS, Reliability testing)
- It would be advantageous to have the following experience
- Knowledge of simulation packages (CFD, FEA etc.) to enable accurate modelling and characterisation in accelerating design maturity to deliver reliable robust solutions
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and applicable standards
- Developing & translating system requirements into robust design solutions with accompanying detailed design functional specifications
- Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes (e.g. moulding, machining, casting, coating)
- Knowledge of material properties to support design choices
- Providing technical support across the full engineering value chain avoiding outages within our integrated high performing manufacturing network (Supplier to Customer)
- Control systems engineering knowledge (Tuning motors, PID control, etc.)
- Experience of the Machinery Directive, CE Marking and other relevant safety standards
Required for the success of this role
- High paced individual who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering effective solutions from concept to implementation at pace
- Is a key coach & mentor in supporting the team
- Ability to make informed key decisions to drive the business forward
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation) or equivalent)
- 5+ years’ relevant engineering experience in a high performing R&D team
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
If you want to join apply online, Healthineers Job Search - Jobs - Page 1 (siemens.com)
Any issues - Please email email@example.com
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time